Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KT74

Vitamin Alternative (Bariatric Fusion) HELP

5 posts in this topic

I ordered these Bariatric Fusion chewables in the "tropical" flavor and oh man, they are DISGUSTING. Not to sound like a diva, but I have to chew them for a very long time, they make my tongue feel slightly numb during this process and they make me nauseous. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NZ5Q754/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

If I'm being completely honest here, I haven't been taking vitamins this entire time, just the random Flintstone/biotin gummy when I remember, which is seldom. I know this is really bad and I need to find and take a good vitamin. 

I am 8-9 ish weeks post-op and I know I should stick with these bariatric specific vitamins AND chewables, but I just can't stomach them. Will switching to an OTC multi vitamin in pill form hurt me? Which one should I be taking and how much of it this early out? TIA. 

Most are cleared for OTC multivitamins in pill form at your stage KT74 but to be sure, put a call into your surgeon's office.

I would double check with your surgeon. My program wants us to stay on the Chewable vitamins until we are at least 6 months out. I personally am using Celebrate vitamins. They aren't terrible I have found I like the orange flavor the best.

I hated the bariatric chewables too.  I just use Flintstones complete twice daily.  I guess I'll find out next month when I get my bloodwork done.  I'm 18 months out BTW.

Posted (edited)

I wish I could get GUMMIES here! :D

Whenever Mr. Carina and I go to the US we buy gummies the first day and keep ourselves real healthy during our visit. ;)

Edited by Carina