Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KT74

Avoiding excess skin

3 posts in this topic

What are the best workouts to prevent or help limit excess skin? Particularly the arms and thighs. I'm a little over 40 lbs down and I'm already seeing lots of sagging in these areas, which is concerning. I was really hoping my skin would just bounce back, but its looking like it might need some help. 

Exercising, eating some unsaturated fats (olive oil, fish like salmon, almonds, natural peanut butter, avocados etc.), and plenty of exercising can help lessen the effects of loose and overstretched skin.

Keep the faith though, it often takes a little while for the skin to shrink as we often lose weight at a faster rate than it can keep up with. 

LeeC and athenarose like this

It also depends on genetics, your age, how long you were overweight and how big you were. I lost over 100 pounds in my late 20's and didn't have any excess skin. But, 15 years later after WLS I have excess skin. Don't stress about it. Excess skin can be held in place with spanx and other form wear. And, if it is an option for you, you can have it removed.