Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf23v1

Team 5DPT

4 posts in this topic

Hello fellow post-op friends, I'm in the process of getting my head right and focusing back on the basics to get back to my goal weight (At my closest, I was about 13 pounds off from my goal weight). I'm almost 9 years post-op, just had my first baby about 6 months ago and really wanting to get myself back to where I was. I've lost about 35 pounds since giving birth, so I have about 5 more pounds of baby weight, and then I need to lose another 40 pounds to get back to my happy post-op self. I know it's not impossible and I know I have the "tool" to do it, however I'm of coure a little nervous to find out if my pouch still works.... I'm pretty sure I've been avoiding this reset for so long because I'm scared to find out if it still works and whether or not I'm capable of managing food and life by the WLS Rules. With that, I'm prepping to start a 5 Day Pouch Test (haven't done one in about 2 years), and I wanted to see if there was anyone out there in need of some maintenance and wanted to do it with me? I find it's always easier when you have others doing it with you! Hope to her from ya'll! :) 

elockhart2704 likes this

Im in!! I am almost 5 years post op and have gained 55lbs back. I can actually pinpoint when I started gaining again. It was December 2013, I stopped using this forum for advice/support/ and accountability. I got promotion at work and have been stressed since. Well cut to last week when I finally go back to my surgeon, discussing what i just said, and he pointed out I need all of those things. So Im on a modified version of my pre-op diet at the moment and he suggested I come back here for support.

Im done with with that diet tomorrow (4/27) and am looking to start the 5 day pouch test soon. So yeah lets rock this thing!!

Res Ipsa likes this

If any one Else wants to Join in, Il'll be starting tomorrow (4/30)! 

I'm a bit late to the party, but think a pouch test is a fine idea. I've gained 25 pounds since my husband died and I went into don't-give-a-crap mode. If I eat carbs like a normal person, I gain weight and I'm perilously close to that 200-pound mark.