Carina

Update: one week out

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So it has been one week since my GBP. I'm down about 7 pounds (3 kg). What I notice:

• I CAN get hungry. (boo!) Usually this is late in the afternoon towards dinnertime.
  • I can eat more than the size of a kiwi. Normally the meals are smaller, but following the hospital's suggestion for dinner exactly yields more volume than a kiwi. 
  • I am eating 500-600 calories a day.
  • So far, I have had no real problems eating. Had a little cramping one time.
  • I had a couple of days where I thought, "yuck" at the idea of eating, but that seems to be over at the moment.
  • Every day I feel better than the day before. Except when I overdo it, like today.
  • The corners of my mouth are splitting a little. Will ask about B vitamins.

I have been following the hospital's instructions to the letter, so I assume all will be OK. But we have our next appointment on Tuesday, where the dietitians will discuss re-introducing solid foods; I will be sure to ask all my questions then (including about the calcium tablets).

People are amazed at how I'm walking around and have color in my face a week after surgery. I sure hope everything continues to go well!

I have ordered an earring for my extra piercing (I have two on one ear) as a reward for getting through the surgery and doing my best. :D

Edited by Carina
Trish1967, LeeC, Cheesehead and 3 others like this

Great news!  It gets much easier after the first week, and it gets really wonderful after you lose a lot of weight. :)

Trish1967 and athenarose like this

Great update! 

Awesome update!

Glad all is going so well for you, I hope I have a similar experience when I go in :)

Glad you're doing so well. Congrats on your weight loss so far!