ktallon

Routine

7 posts in this topic

I have found that as of late I have no desire to eat. previous to the last two weeks I have been on the eating schedule that my surgeon wanted me on. Which is eating 5 times a day. Honestly I found this to be a lot. so now I am down to eating just 3 times a day. will I still loose weight if I am not eating 5 times a day? how do you keep yourself on a routine when you want nothing to do with food? This surgery has definitely changed the way I look at food as well as my relationship with it.

I have no desire to eat, either. I just set a timer. I eat 3 - 4 times a day, plus a shake. I track everything so I make sure I don't eat too little, otherwise I probably wouldn't eat enough. It's very very strange going from food obsessed to absolutely not caring about food, I agree! 

I'd suggest eating by the clock.  Easter I was busy, it didn't dawn on me until Monday that the only thing I ate all day Sunday was Greek yogurt and strawberries.  I even spent much of the day cooking, lol!  Just forgot..  

I have always eaten by the clock.  As I have never had any sensation of hunger as I once knew it, if I don't stick to a schedule, I end up skipping meals/snacks.

This is one area I am going to struggle with. My life is rather chaotic, I work 12-13 hour shifts, also on call the rest of the time. I have not been able to have a "routine" in years. I know I'm going to have to settle into some sort of routine when it comes to eating, but I know it is going to be a never ending battle. However, where there is a will there is a way!

Hi Havamal,  I keep easily cataloged foods - such as protein drinks, protein bars I can cut in half, '7 almond' portions - so that when it's time for me to eat, I can eat something without it being catch-as-catch-can. In sharp contrast to my pre-surgery self, I find myself forgetting to eat during the work day unless I have an alarm or set time. I enjoy my work colleagues so I can have a cup of coffee or tea with them at a specific time and then follow that later with the specific snack. 

Havamal and Carina like this

7 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Hi Havamal,  I keep easily cataloged foods - such as protein drinks, protein bars I can cut in half, '7 almond' portions - so that when it's time for me to eat, I can eat something without it being catch-as-catch-can. In sharp contrast to my pre-surgery self, I find myself forgetting to eat during the work day unless I have an alarm or set time. I enjoy my work colleagues so I can have a cup of coffee or tea with them at a specific time and then follow that later with the specific snack. 

I'm working on getting some sort of system in place pre-surgery to decrease the odds of encountering the "catch-as-catch-can" scenario once the surgery is complete. I appreciate the ideas, and you can bet I will be using them!