Mark B.

Severe cramping out of the blue

7 posts in this topic

I am about eight weeks post op from Roux-en-Y gastric bypass procedure.  I was doing very well with only a couple of short term cramping issues.  Yesterday I ate some finely chopped up egg salad with baked pork rinds as chips.  I have had severe cramping and sporadic vomiting for the last 16 hours since eating.  I have read that people seem to have problems with eggs.  Is my reaction "normal?"

Hi, it's still early, so maybe not many people online yet. I'm sorry you're having trouble. I've read the same thing you have, that people sometimes have trouble with eggs. Not sure how digestible baked pork rinds are.

I hope someone with more experience (I'm only a week out) answers you soon. In the meantime, have you put in a call to your doctor's office? I think I would do that. And try to keep drinking fluids.

BTW, welcome!

Mark B. and Res Ipsa like this

16 hours of cramping and vomiting is not normal. You should contact your doctor's office. 

I have to agree with Res Ipsa - you need to either contact your surgeon or go to ER.

Hi, how are you doing? @Mark B.

I contacted my Doctor and she pretty much called the eggs as the cause and even nailed the time frames of cramping and relief.  Doing much better now.  I just had to ride it out.  STAY AWAY FROM EGGS!!!  LOL  They are the Devil.

Michael_A likes this

Glad you're feeling better!