sweetstuff

SO free and open ! NO judging

7 posts in this topic

I am very new to this site, I know it has been around a while and I am sure there are a lot of sites like this one. I am not going to even look, this is a great place for me. You know when you have found exactly what you were looking for or needed......look no further !  I like the fact that you have friends all over and support from people that are going through the same things ! Your family and friends love you, YES ! but they judge you too, everyone will talk about ya when you are not around good and bad ! Family will support you no matter what, they will always love you . But as soon as you do wrong or things did not work out the way you planned, they are the first to say I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT!

This site is great , you can read, ask, explore the same feeling and thoughts others are having and not be judged !

thanks for the support i need

Welcome. Several years ago I found this web site and ever since then it has provided me with lots of very helpful information and support. :)

NerdyLady likes this

I've been a member of Thinner Times for pretty much 10 years now and other than when I've been in hospital or the odd day of computer issues, I haven't missed a day.

I wouldn't be where I am today without the support I get from our members and reading the forums.

Jen581791 and Res Ipsa like this

So true! Happy to have you join!

Welcome.  Great people here who understand!

8 hours ago, sweetstuff said:

Your family and friends love you, YES ! but they judge you too, everyone will talk about ya when you are not around good and bad ! Family will support you no matter what, they will always love you . But as soon as you do wrong or things did not work out the way you planned, they are the first to say I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT!

This site is great , you can read, ask, explore the same feeling and thoughts others are having and not be judged !

Sweetstuff, I hear you on the family and friend judgements. Even though I have family and friends that are supportive of my revisional surgery, I've heard more negative judgements than positive, and that really resonates the closer to surgery I get. I had my initial surgery when I was 27, 31 years later when I told my mother I needed some abdominal surgery, she straight out jumped to the conclusion it was because of my previous surgery (well she was right even though I've given no detail), and issued a great big "I told you so!" Clearly she'd hung onto that in my presence for 31 years. She never supported my original decision to have WLS, and didn't support my sister's decision to have WLS a couple of years ago. She constantly makes disparaging remarks about my sister's surgery to me, and I have no doubt makes similar comments about mine behind my back. This despite the fact that she always had weight issues herself and has had multiple knee replacements as a result. My previous bestie has also made some very toxic comments to me, hence she is "previous bestie". WLS is a very devisive topic in society still. While I can understand why, I really wish people would keep their negative comments to themselves.

Welcome to the forum! It is truly a great resource.

sweetstuff and Jen581791 like this

Welcome Sweetstuff!  :D

It is for some of the same reasons mentioned above that I have told only a select few persons of my intention to have WLS. Plus I am a pretty private person and figure it is none of anyone's business what I am doing other than those I deem fit to tell. People can't judge what they don't know. That being said, it makes a site like this one all the more important for support. You can say what ever you feel like on here and not be judged. It is a place to openly converse and get answers from those that have experienced what you are going through and what you are about to.

sweetstuff likes this