robin0418

Step closer

9 posts in this topic

Mandatory group meetings completed, endoscopy completed, psych evaluation completed only thing holding me up is mandatory weight loss of 15 pounds....I have tried all liquid gained one meal a day 2 meals with PROTEIN drink gained.....What in the world am I doing wrong?  Walking a mile a day gaining weight ready to just give up at this point haven't been this close in four years of starting this whole thing and yet no surgery date in sight.....WHY!!!!!

What's your carb intake like? And your daily caloric intake? If it were me, I would focus on eating a really low carb diet that's also low calorie.  I wouldn't necessarily worry about walking a mile/day unless you're doing it for other benefits since that really isn't going to make much of a difference in regards to weight loss.  Whenever I went low carb, I would easily drop 10 pounds of water weight in the first 2 weeks (and I was 80 pounds less than you at my highest, so I bet you'd drop more). That plus the actual fat you'd lose would probably get you to that 15 pound goal in a couple weeks easily. 

Jen581791 likes this

Give us details of exactly what you are eating and when. Are you tracking your food using something like MyFitnessPal? Cutting carbs is almost always the answer. Are you on any medications that cause weight gain? Are you drinking enough water?

Athenarose I am keeping low to very low carbs at this time, all my food is being measured out when I have solid foods to no more than a cup and single serving of meats ( 2 oz ect.) I just know I am doing something wrong. @Greta I am drinking too much water I think but I am always thirsty...Up to 9 32 oz water bottles a day.....288 oz a day and still feel like I could do more.  The walking is for my health issues the Dr wanted me to be more active so I chose to walk every day....Not sure if it's really doing a thing at all except for giving the dog something to do.  I hate the look at food losing interest in it all together but know I have to to live.....Just want the surgery and seems like it's never going to come.  But I guess I will see, talking to PCP on my next visit to go over the whole problem see if he can help me figure this out too 

athenarose likes this

Sounds like you really are working hard. I can see why you'd be frustrated. Have you been tested for diabetes? The being thirsty all the time is just a warning sign of that. I'm glad you're seeing your PCP. Please keep us updated.

When you say "solid foods", do you mean vegetables?

athenarose likes this

I am a diabetic yes and it seems to not be controlled they keep raising my metformin dosage.  The solid foods is anything other than protein shakes.  Lol 

Oh man, that's got to be making you not feel well as we as be affecting your weightloss. So glad you're seeing your PCP about it. Hugs.

It sounds like you're doing everything you're supposed to, so I can see why you're frustrated. Would you mind sharing a typical day of what you eat? Maybe we can help you troubleshoot. 

I'm so sorry you're struggling! It's hard to be that close yet still have it just out of your grasp! Are you getting at least the 64 ounces of water in each day? Have you tried stopping your fluids 1/2 hour before meals and an hour after meals? How many calories are you taking in per day?