Fmercha

9 months post op and honeymoon is over

The dreaded end of honeymoon time has started but I am not at my goal yet. I've been consistently hitting the 160 lb mark on my scale but I really want to hit 150 before my 1 year anniversary (June 20th). Any suggestion? I walk 5 miles a day stick to 800-1000 calories and eat 90 grams of protein, drink my water. What else should I do?

Congratulations! Do you do any strength training? I think adding strength training and upping the intensity of your cardio (still doing your walking but adding stairs or short bursts of jogging) could really get the scale moving. It's possible your body is in a comfortable rut and needs some change.

Many people have found that the 5 day pouch test is a great way to get the scale moving down again. 

http://5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

I will try to run and add weights to my workout routine. I will also try the 5 day pouch test. I will keep you guys posted!

I can't wait for your update. I think it's going to be a good one!

Welcome! Are you sure your honeymoon is over and it's not just a stall? FWIW, I've found that, for me, temporarily bumping my calories up (literally for just a day or two) can help get the scale moving again. 

I guess I don't know for a fact but I have not lost any weight in 6 weeks so I assumed the honeymoon was over. I have tried to increase my caloric intake but I ended up gaining weight. 

1 hour ago, Fmercha said:

I guess I don't know for a fact but I have not lost any weight in 6 weeks so I assumed the honeymoon was over. I have tried to increase my caloric intake but I ended up gaining weight. 

Oy, that's hard! Well hopefully it's just a stall, but either way, maybe the 5DPT will do the trick.

Congratulations!!  Even in the non-surgery world those last few pounds tend to take the longest.  Agree with all the suggestions above.  Have you been measuring? you can go down sizes and stay the same weight if you are adding muscle.  Otherwise strength training is a great idea, alternate upper and lower body to give yourself a rest, get in the protein and water!. you will probably notice a slight gain or stall for a few weeks, but the scales should eventually move again.  Whatever happens don't give up and let the gain creep up on you!!.  Good Luck!.

It's funny, after I posted this post I managed to lose 2 lbs so I guess everything caught up to me. I did start eating a lot more vegetables (which I apparently I like a lot) and I guess the fiber helped me. I will start strength training soon. It's just getting ready for it mentally. 

Yes - lift weights and mix up your cardio. Our bodies become used to doing the same exercises and over time we expend less energy when we do the same things over and over. Good Luck!

49 minutes ago, Fmercha said:

It's funny, after I posted this post I managed to lose 2 lbs so I guess everything caught up to me. I did start eating a lot more vegetables (which I apparently I like a lot) and I guess the fiber helped me. I will start strength training soon. It's just getting ready for it mentally. 

Strength training can be as simple as doing arm curls with a new jug of laundry detergent. Or doing 3 sets of 10 squats in your kitchen. Or holding a plank on your living room floor for as long as you can. It doesn't mean heavy lifting at the gym.