Zoila

Hello from Cali

Hello,

I was sleeved on 1/3/17. I am 58 years old and I live in California. There's really not much to say about myself. I need bilatetal knee replacement, so it's difficult for me to exercise. I have tried walking in the stores, but I lose all mobility for days due to the pain. So I am not losing weight as I would like.               HW 326, SW 300, CW 251, GW 140. 

Hi! California has tons of places for you to exercise in the pool while being kind to your knees. Could be fun! Hope to get to know you better around here.

Welcome!

Welcome!  For most of us exercise helps us feel healthy but has little to do with the amount of weight loss. So stick to your diet plan and drink lots of water (or other no or very low calorie liquids) and you should continue to lose weight. 

In terms of weight loss rates, you may be a slow weight loser. In some ways this is better as it is less stressful on your body. Remember that, in general, gastric bypass patients lose weight faster than sleeve patients, and men lose weight faster than women. 

Yes, thank you. I just met with my surgeon and she told me I was doing great weight loss wise. 54 lbs lost since Jan of 2017.

Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss so far and keep it up! :)

54lb down is pretty significant Zoila.  Have you noticed much of an improvement in your mobility/pain?