AmandaOliver

Out of Pocket With FL Blue

6 posts in this topic

What did you end up paying out of pocket for the Gastric Sleeve/sleeve gastrectomy? I have Florida blue and was wondering if anyone has the same insurance and what was out of pocket cost?

Your surgeon's office should have an insurance billing person who should be able to answer this question.

Note that under most insurance policies it costs the patient the same amount for a gastric sleeve as for a gastric bypass. 

I have my appointment to meet my surgeon on May 4th. I'm just anxious to know now. Because the cost will be wether I can have the surgery or not.

FYI - my out of pocket cost for my surgery with Blue Cross of MA was less than $500. 

Wow I hope I get that lucky. That would be awesome. But I don't want to set my hopes too high...

Res Ipsa likes this

My out of pocket came out to $1500.00. But then there were the smaller bills for different things that Insurance didn't cover all of the cost. 

So in total I would say about $2,000 out of pocket cost. My surgery was on February 22nd. I was able to arrange payment agreements on the out of pocket cost which i'm sure you will be able to do if you can't pay it all up front. 

Edited by Molinam