Smallbites2015

Last 10 pounds?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.I am almost 2 years out. Down over 130 pounds. These last 10 pounds are kicking my butt.  Want it gone before my dr appt in July.

I can't seem to get my crap together.  I was exercising but stopped when life got crazy. I just lost my father and I'm still reeling from that.  

I know what to do, but can't make myself do it.  Thoughts?

thanks in advance 

I am so very sorry about you losing your father.  I lost my father a couple of years ago, so I know about how tough this can be.

Exercising is a great way to stay healthy, but for most of us it has very little to do with weight loss.  Instead, weight loss is based on the proper diet and drinking lots of liquids.

Many people with weight loss surgery have found that the 5 day pouch test is a great way both to lose the last few pounds and to remind you to follow the diet plan more strictly. If you google 5 day pouch test you will find all about it. 

We are here to support you. 

Thank you Res Ipsa. 

I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm sure this has been a difficult time for you and your family.

I would mirror what Res Ipsa wrote regarding exercise and weight loss. When it comes to losing weight, it's about the food not the fitness. However; I've become fairly religious about exercise and have found that it makes a real difference in my moods. This in turn helps me keep my head in the game where eating is concerned. Regardless, there are a million good reasons to exercise that have nothing to do with weight loss. Perhaps it could help you process some of your grief.

I agree about the Pouch test. It seems like a good way to hit the 'reset button'.

Best of luck. Let us know how you make out.

Sorry to hear about your dad. You could consider just making sure you maintain (not gain) for now, to give yourself some room to deal with all your feelings. In any case, I wish you lots of strength. (My mom died just over a year ago, so I do sympathize.)

Smallbites2015 likes this

Thank you Carina