Smashlee83

The dreaded stall

Today is my 1 month surgiversary, and I have stopped losing... I knew this was coming but man is it mentally hard. I actually gained 2lbs. I know that it's just bloated and my hands are puffy right now. I know I cannot lose 28lbs every single month but dammit I'm walking, eating my protein and drinking my water. When is this next 20 coming off? It's hard to think that I did all of this for 28lbs.

Awww I'm sorry it's hit you, and I know my time will be coming (I'm 19 days out) what I'm planning to do when it does is to change something up a bit...maybe try switching biking with walking or power walking on alternating days.  Maybe switching out types of protein or times of day when you eat?!  I don't really know because this is usually the place where I give up on a diet and this time that's Not an option!  But it'll be a good feeling when you get through this hump and over to the good side!!

You lost 28 pounds your first month?! Wow, that's awesome! I know it's frustrating, but just try to remember the stair step analogy. Every stall is preceding more weight loss. It will come off, just keep the faith. And it sounds like you're retaining some water weight, so maybe you're like me in that, as my hormones shifted each month, my weight loss would reflect the shift (I swear, I would stall every month from the time I ovulated to my cycle starting). Try not to get discouraged. The weight will come off if you stick to your plan.

Weight loss stalls are normal for most people after weight loss surgery. Sorry.

Also you are doing really well so far with your weight loss (especially since the sleeve normally has slower weight loss than gastric bypass).  Hang in there and stick with your diet, you will start losing lots of weight soon.

Also remember that even if you only average 12 pounds per month, that still will be a total of 144 pounds lost in a year - which is awesome. 

I feel your pain. I have only lost 21 lbs and I made two months on the 22nd.  I have been at the same weight ( between 193-197 ) for the past few weeks. I will not budge past 193 no matter what I eat or what exercise I am doing. I am getting in all my protein, exercising and drinking plenty of water. 

It's like my body is holding on to this weight. I know I am losing as I fit into my work clothes that I grew out of. But I would like to see the scale leave the 190's.  I have an appt with my nutritionist on Thursday for some pointers. 

Good luck ! 

Happy to report back that I think my stall is over! Finally down another few lbs. Hope I can keep this momentum going. Thanks for all of the encouragement.

Good to hear! Every pound is a boost of encouragement. :) 

4 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

Happy to report back that I think my stall is over! Finally down another few lbs. Hope I can keep this momentum going. Thanks for all of the encouragement.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but we have to keep this real.  Stalls are part and parcel of all weight loss programmes so don't be disheartened as and when it happens again.

52 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but we have to keep this real.  Stalls are part and parcel of all weight loss programmes so don't be disheartened as and when it happens again.

Fully understand that. I am just excited that this current stall is over and I'd like to celebrate that. It's been a rough two weeks of obsessing so early on in my journey.