Sign in to follow this  
Thisiscrrazy

Thirteen days post op

Kinda bummed I've only lost 2 pounds this week. In total since surgery ive lost 15 which is really good still, I'm just hung up on only 2 pounds this week. Other than that my multi vitamins are terrible to me! I can't stand them, but I know it's a must lol. How long before i can start taking my biotin again? I'm worried about taking them too soon, when did you guys start taking your regular vitamins again? Thank you guys in advanced I appreciate all the replies and support xoxo 

Don't bother to weigh, your system is in shock and you are only 16 days out of surgery.  Hopefully your bariatric team gave you a book or handouts about the various stages after surgery for what types of food (liquid, etc) and that there is information about vitamins, etc in that.  Your stomach is very tender and healing - treat it kindly.  Find a chewable vitamin that you like and use it for awhile.   You can ask the bariatric staff about when to take biotin. 

I chose not to have scales in the house after my RNY because I had a 35+ year obsession with them and I perceived any stall as a failure and gave up yet another diet.

I relied on hospital/NUT/PCP visits for weighing in.

My programme stated chewable multivitamins but my NUT said that we could take tablet form if we used a pill crusher.  Just mix up the powder with some yogurt or applesauce.  Thankfully, I liked my chewable and still use them today (Celebrate).