Sign in to follow this  
ktallon

Loss of appetite normal

So i am a little over 2 months out from my sleeve surgery. This morning I woke up and i have had no appetite at all today in fact the smell of food has kind of made me nauseous i also have no desire to even put water in my mouth. Although i have been forcing myself to drink so i don't get dehydrated. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced this? 

I'm just getting into my 8th week and I've been experiencing this as well. My stomach has become VERY picky. I can hardly tolerate water, so I add flavoring or drink Fairlife skim. Food is becoming fuel instead of a comfort or "reward" to us, I see the loss of appetite as completely normal and part of the adjusting period. Just find those one or two things that sound "good" and eat that until it passes. Mine has been peanut fiber one protein bars and canned turkey chili (unfortunately, because the sodium is outrageous). I've been living off of those two things for a few days now. Mandarin oranges have also been going down pretty good.

Edited by KT74

I also make protein shakes with 8 oz of skim Fairlife, 1-2 tbl of Ovaltine and 1 scoop of unflavored Isopure protein powder. 220 calories and 37 grams of protein. Plus it counts towards your fluids.