Joanne1985

Help!

13 posts in this topic

Hi I am after someone to talk to and see what I feel and feeling is normal etc. I'm 5 days post op of a gastric bypass. Any help and advice would be so helpful thank you x

Hi and welcome, Joanne. There's so much information here: I'd just dive right in and start reading!

I'm just a few days post-op myself, so I won't always know what's normal, haha. But someone will.

How are you feeling?

Hi carina 

hi Catina yeah there is lots to take in I'm 6 days post op now I've felt like utter pooh tbh but today I've woke up feeling a bit better it hurts to eat or drink every time does it hurt u? It took me a week to poop  How are you feeling? 

Well, you're already ahead of me in the poo department! :D Haven't made that milestone yet. My surgery was three days after yours.

Not feeling too bad, actually, just weak. Glad you are already feeling better!

I've had less pills than I normally do because they seem to really hurt me when they go down. I've also got blisters on the edge on my dressings call gp for nurse to check she is off for a week! I was dreading the poop thought it would be painful but it was fine and made my tummy feel less bloated.

They must have some kind of replacement for the nurse, don't they?

Apparently not I've been to the gp instead now on antibiotics due to infection on the blisters by the wounds and chest infection  but today is the best I've felt having less pills but the boring liquid is doing my head in there is only so much soup and custard I can take lol. What are you eating and drinking? 

How are BOTH of you feeling now? I don't remember every single detail from the first few weeks but happy to answer any questions and provide support, of course! The first 2 weeks is the hardest... there are huge physical, emotional, and psychological adjustments all happening, while we're nervous about doing something wrong and losing your go-to security blanket... food. Hang in there and just keep posting and hanging around the forum- you will find SO many people that have been in your shoes. You'll get through it- temporary... the long term benefit is life changing. :)

NerdyLady likes this

On 4/17/2017 at 6:37 PM, Joanne1985 said:

Hi I am after someone to talk to and see what I feel and feeling is normal etc. I'm 5 days post op of a gastric bypass. Any help and advice would be so helpful thank you x

Hi Joanne,

I'm 22 days post-op. I'm sorry to hear about the blisters around your wounds. How are you feeling now?

Hi Hun the antibiotics have kicked in now so there all burst and flattish but look like they might scar even more than the incisions of surgery lol. I feel loads better on my self I can now eat and drink with out paid I went back to work Monday after 13 from surgery so that was nice.

how are you doing? What can or do you eat now? 

Hi surf23 

im doing good now thank you so much better than I was! 

How ie are you doing? 

It does get easier.  Are you able to drink ok now?  

Hi cheese head 

how are you? Yes im able to eat and drink now without any pain so it's much better now thank u