Carina

What do stomach cramps mean?

So here's the next question. :) I'm having "dinner" now (my scrambled egg) and I notice a cramping feeling after every bite. No nausea and I sure hope it stays that way! If I wait five minutes it subsides and I can take another mini-bite. Is this just sensitivity? 

I suspect the cramping feeling is perfectly normal Carina.  

Most of us in the USA have some form of liquid diet initially after surgery and are somewhat healed before we're on solid food.  I was around 3 weeks post-op before I started high protein liquids and pureed solids.

This is the only (soft/semi-) solid on their list. Yesterday it went fine... I may stick to the yogurt etc. tomorrow.

Our recovery isn't always smooth Carina and early out, there's no harm in taking a step back until you've healed properly.

Scrambled eggs are still the most difficult thing I've put in my pouch so far after 9 weeks - including salad! Don't worry, just take it easy on your pouch. If it's not feeling happy, give it something easier. Yogurt, applesauce, soup, and herbal tea are all things that go down very easily for me. It may vary by the day, too - yesterday everything was a bit difficult for me, so I backed off and ate yogurt and mushy bean soup the rest of the day. Don't push yourself if it's not comfortable, I think :) 

Just take it slow with introducing new foods and you should be fine. The first few weeks after surgery tend to be the roughest time, so hang in there it really will get better. 

I still haven't been able to eat eggs (regardless of how they're prepared) and it's been over 9 years since my WLS!

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

I still haven't been able to eat eggs (regardless of how they're prepared) and it's been over 9 years since my WLS!

Whaaaaaa.....? :(