Carina

Just do not feel like eating (3 days out)

10 posts in this topic

Pff. I was so happy that eating was going well: no problems, stuff tastes fine, etc. I have to eat three more times today and I just do not want to. Feel full. Normal?

On the plus side, I did a load of laundry. Hubs carried the basket, so actually I did almost nothing at all.

I haven't had my surgery yet, but from what I've read here and what my surgeon says, that's completely normal. My surgeon told me that when that happens to me, I'm still not allowed to skip meals. Even if I can only eat one or two bites. Are you still in the liquid phase?

@Trish1967 that depends on who you ask. ;) No, I am on full liquids, it's just that my program defines that much more broadly than what you tend to read here. Anyway, I had a little trouble with some food this afternoon, so I will be taking it easy tomorrow. 

Sounds like good advice, not skipping meals. 

Not feeling like eating is an amazing blessing! Embrace it! It got me beyond goal!

cinwa, Trish1967, LeeC and 1 other like this

5 hours ago, Carina said:

@Trish1967 that depends on who you ask. ;) No, I am on full liquids, it's just that my program defines that much more broadly than what you tend to read here. Anyway, I had a little trouble with some food this afternoon, so I will be taking it easy tomorrow. 

Sounds like good advice, not skipping meals. 

Be kind to yourself and do your best to take in as much liquid as you can handle. I'll be thinking of you, please take care!

Carina and tmcgee like this

Not feeling like eating is what has allowed me, over the last couple of months, to sort of divorce myself from emotional eating (at least for now). No desire to eat = no snacking without a purpose, no looking forward to meals, no special treats, etc. It's not fun, it's fuel. I just hit my targets everyday. I hope it lasts! :) 

tmcgee, Carina, Michael_A and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

This is the part I'm hoping helps with the sleeve.  I mean I could eat all day every day hungry or not.  What does it really feel like? Do you feel full? Does your tummy just feel "off" when you think of food? Do have cravings still? Do you go to the grocery store and get unhealthy things? Oh and is it just certain things that don't sound good or nothing in the world appeals to you?  Also for the ladies that might see this have you found changes in your eating "desire" fluctuating with your cycle ?  

Edited by Hotmamatime

For me it just feels like I don't want to eat. I hardly have any stomach sensations, really. I felt hungry yesterday around dinnertime, probably because I had waited too long to eat, but that was the first time I felt hungry.

That feeling of not wanting to eat popped up a couple days in a row. I didn't notice it yesterday.

Jabsie likes this

Posted (edited)

On 4/21/2017 at 0:01 AM, Carina said:

For me it just feels like I don't want to eat. I hardly have any stomach sensations, really. I felt hungry yesterday around dinnertime, probably because I had waited too long to eat, but that was the first time I felt hungry.

That feeling of not wanting to eat popped up a couple days in a row. I didn't notice it yesterday.

I had a similar experience early out. Having no desire to eat was a completely foreign sensation to me. The want for food had been a constant companion up until that point and I didn't know how to read it's absence. Eating felt a little like a task to get done and checked off my to-do list. Eventually, I started to really like not caring about food. I thought 'this is what folks who don't have issues with eating feel like' and got a little excited at the idea that I may become one of them. I would have been perfectly happy to have never had the desire to eat return but just as so many others warned it would, the desire returned about 3 months after surgery. And when it did, I had to work hard to replace a lack of desire to eat with discipline and commitment. In all likeliness, you won't feel this way for long.

Edited by Jabsie
Jen581791 likes this

2 hours ago, Jabsie said:

I had a similar experience early out. Having no desire to eat was a completely foreign sensation to me. The want for food had been a constant companion up until that point and I didn't know how to read it's absence. Eating felt a little like a task to get done and checked off my to-do list. Eventually, I started to really like not caring about food. I thought 'this is what folks who don't have issues with eating feel like' and got a little excited at the idea that I may become one of them. I would have been perfectly happy to have never had the desire to eat return but just as so many others warned it would, the desire returned about 3 months after surgery. And when it did, I had to work hard to replace a lack of desire to eat with discipline and commitment. In all likeliness, you won't feel this way for long.

I had a Dr once that prescribed phentermine for me.You can only take it for 3 or 4 months before you have to quit and have some time before starting again.

Let me tell you though, while I was on it, I just simply didn't think about food. Ever. I had to remember to eat. It was SO awesome to not think about food or eating!! It was without a doubt one of the best times of my life.