Wemo

Pre-op new to site

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I just want to introduce myself.  I am in the pre-op process currently and I am considering the RNY or DS.  I would love to hear how some of what post procedures folks have to say about their experiences. 

Good to meet you all.

Wemo

Posted (edited)

Welcome aboard Wemo!

You will find countless post & pre op stories on this forum. It is a fantastic resource!

Edited by Havamal

Welcome!

Welcome to Thinner Times Wemo!

Welcome.  I had a RNY gastric bypass in 2013 and it allowed me to lose my extra weight and keep it off. I have never regretted having this procedure. It changed my life so much for the better.

I strongly suggest that you spend a few hours reading a lot of posts here at TTF in order to help you make your weight loss surgery decisions.  

It is really important to realize that gastric bypass surgery is just a weight loss tool, a powerful tool but still just a tool. You will also need to adopt a new "relationship with food" in order to succeed long term.  In this new relationship, food is not about providing comfort or pleasure, and more about food being the fuel that powers your body in a healthy way.  Weight loss surgery helps you do this, as your diet is quite limited in the weeks after the surgery and as you will be unable to eat large amounts of food. But the important thing to remember as you begin you weight loss surgery journey is that with any of the weight loss surgeries you will need the mental strength and resolve to lose the weight and keep it off. 

Research the DS surgery very carefully, here and with your doctor, before seeking that form of surgery. On the one hand it is a very very powerful weight loss tool, on the other hand it imposes some lifestyle changes that are permanent and not pleasant. 

We are here to support and inform you. Remember, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. 

Aussie H and LeeC like this