melosgirl

Post Surgery Diet Boredom

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, all.  I had my gastric bypass a week ago. I've had a wonderful recovery thus far and I'm returning to work on Monday, just 10 days after my surgery.  I am on full liquids and sick of the choices.  I have a Premier shake for breakfast and lunch, then a clear or cream based soup for dinner, per my NUT instructions.  How do I shake this boredom and stay within the requirements?  

Edited by melosgirl
Please delete duplicate post

The diet in the first few weeks after surgery is a bit limited, but you still have lots of good options beyond what you are eating now.  This guide from one of the best hospitals in Boston should be helpful. 

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

Havamal, Mizmarycate and melosgirl like this

On the grand scale of things, the early post-op diet doesn't last long.  Just look on it as a means to an end.

melosgirl likes this

Thank you both!

One more thing, finding your food to be boring may well help you break any addiction that you have to food, and thus allow you to have long term success at weight loss. 

cinwa likes this

Posted (edited)

That sounds wonderful to me! Thank you!!

Edited by melosgirl