Thisiscrrazy

What's going to happen with my body?

My biggest worry is my boobs and my arms! I know everything is going to change, but how much did your body change throughout this process. I've always had big boobs right now I'm a DD I just can't imagine having a smaller chest. And my upper arms have always always been my biggest insecurity! I dont like to show them at all. Did any of you face the change in your arms and being more comfortable?

I didn't have my RNY until I was in my early 50's and after a lifetime of being very overweight, I relished my life as a slimmer and healthier person and didn't worry about excess skin.

Had I had my WLS when I was younger, I would probably have pursued having some of it removed but decided against it at my age (I'm now 62).

Keeping up with toning exercise can help the overall appearance but bottom line, you can't unstretch overstretched skin. 

I was also older.  My bra went from a 48d to 36b.  They were saggy before surgery, got the empty sock with tennis ball look then tightened up.  They are way better now than before, lol.  My upper arms have very least wrinkles, they don't bother me as much as my thighs.  I wear Bermuda shorts.  And compression shorts for swim bottoms.   Im a firm believer that everyone looks better with clothes...

I went from a bottom-heavy hourglass to a traditional hourglass shape, so I'm much more proportional now. I was a 40F before surgery and I'm a 32DD now. I have the tiniest bit of loose skin on my upper arms, but it's only noticeable to me.  The good news is, your age in in your favor, so you have a better chance of your skin tightening up than someone older, but even at 16 years older than you, I really don't have much loose skin at all. It's genetics, I guess, but people who didn't know me pre-op would never guess that i was twice my current size. All this to say, don't stress too much about how your body will look post-op because it may not be as bad as you're imagining.

I went from DD to C. They look "normal" for being a 45 year old who had a baby and breast fed. I have some loose skin on my arms but most people don't notice it. I wear sleeveless stuff and I don't really feel self conscious about it. I was lucky that my skin tightened up quite a bit. It's still not the way it was but I'll take it! 

i always had pretty tiny boobs, so they kinda went smaller! i'm a B cup now but its ehhhh. 

I've been pretty lucky with loose skin, i don't have any tbh apart from my arms which are total bingo wings but i've reached a point where i try not to care that much.  I was really worried about it, but now that i'm at my goal weight and i'm pretty happy with how my body looks everywhere else, I can deal with baggy arms. It's only just started to get warm enough to wear sleeveless shirts but I think I will have to work my way up to it. I'm going on holiday with friends this summer and i'm determined to wear a swimsuit and not care.

you are young so chances are that you will also avoid a lot of loose skin! my only advice would be to do exercise alongside the weight loss, i think it will help with toning everything up.

Don't worry about something that may or may not happen! Focus on the journey and getting to goal. 

Honestly, plastic surgery can fix just about anything.