Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Findingme328

Hi I'm Traci, new to this!!

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm starting my 10 day pre-op liquid diet tomorrow, surgery date 4/25, excited but apprehensive too, and tips ??

Welcome to Thinner Times Traci!

The pre-op liquid diet can be tough.  Best advice I can offer is to drink as much fluid as you possibly can.  And when the going gets tough, come to the forum, read everything and post if you need a cyber hug or two.

Keep focussed - it gets better after the first 2-3 days.

Findingme328 likes this

Hi Tracie! Welcome. I'm on my pre-op liquid diet as well and like Cinwa said, need to drink as much fluid as possible! I've been getting the recommended 64 oz a day, but started to retain water since it wasn't enough for my system. Now it's time to ramp it up. Keeping yourself busy and working on any projects is a good distraction from any apprehension about the surgery and thoughts about food. My apartment has never been so clean. :) 

Findingme328 likes this

Welcome Tracie. I'm another currently on a pre-op liquid diet....Mine is 4 weeks though!!!!! Hang in there... It does get easier the further into it you get. Can't stress enough how important getting water in is. I also add additional soluble fibre to every meal replacement....makes life so much easier!!!!!

Findingme328 likes this