Hayli

A week and a half out stall

6 posts in this topic

Hey all! I just had surgery March 20th and was doing great! I was 212 surgery day and got down to 198 so quickly. But 2 or 3 days ago the scale stopped at 198 and hasn't budged since. I know it seems silly to be freaking out already but I just wasn't expecting a stall until at least week 3. A week and a half out just seems so incredibly soon. I started my journey this time around (I had a lapband put in when I was 15 and was 275 lbs then) at 232 lbs. I decided 2 months before surgery to really kick it into high gear and lost 20 lbs just by eating right and exercising. The band was entirely loosened so I know I lost it at least 85% by my own efforts. I'm wondering if this somehow affects my current stall. Currently I don't eat more than 800 calories a day, get my 60 grams of protein in, typically get at least 64 oz of water and I do low impact aerobics for at least 45 minutes a day everyday and sometimes go for a walk on the treadmill or outside on top of that. I'm wondering if maybe once I'm on purees (which for me means tuna salad, egg salad, stuff of that nature) I will start to lose again. I just need some reassurance that I'm not screwing up and that I will start losing again.

It is very normal to have a weight loss stall 1-3 weeks after surgery. So, relax, stick with the post op food diet, drink lots of liquids, take your vitamins, and try to be active - the weight loss will begin again very soon. :)

Thank you so much! I just feel discouraged and don't want to feel like I'm doing something wrong :(

You're fine, Hayli.  You're going to stall many more times on your journey to goal.  As long as you're on program, you will lose, just not in a straight line.

If you are getting in all your water, protein and vitamins then you are dong fine.  I weighed exactly the same on day 11 as I did on surgery day.  Don't know if I stalled at 3 weeks or not because I Didn't step on a scale again until I was 6 weeks out.  please don't use the scale to judge your progress and definitely don't let it control your mood or motivation.  Feel free to toss it in the back of your closet.  Hell, I lost over 100% of my excess weight and I don't even OWN a scale!  Just stick with the program and keep track of NSVs....after all, they are the reasons we had surgery.

Cheesehead, LeeC and TentativeMe like this

Thank you guys so much for the reassurance. It's hard stalling but I've noticed my clothes are so much looser and that means way more than any number.

Res Ipsa likes this