WorkinProcess

April Fool's Day wedding in Las Vegas

19 posts in this topic

It's been ages since I've been around but thought I'd share my news.  After Alan & I have lived together for 22 years, we are getting married on Saturday.

Never thought I'd actually get married, but decided with!

April Fool's Day seemed like the perfect time!

Hope you all are well,  last Saturday we started a new landscaping project and needless to say I now have a hernia, but it's not stopping my celebration!

LeeC, Raeme, LadyFl and 7 others like this

How exciting!!! So glad you dropped in to say "Hi" and share your news!

WOW, MJ! That is so exciting. Congratulations to both of you!

It is wonderful to see you posting again. Have a fantastic wedding celebration. xoxo

Yeah!  Great news! :)

How exciting! Congratulations!

Missed you MJ!  Congrats!  Hope all is well!

Congrats!  That story and the timing is just delightful!

Mazel Tov, what wonderful news! Congrats!!

GAviv likes this

Good to see you back MJ. Congratulations!

It's good to see you posting again MJ - you have been missed.

Congratulations on the up and coming wedding!

Congrats to you! Good to see you are happy! 

How was the big day?

the las vegas trip was awesome, complete with stretch limo and elvis giving me away.

id never been to las vegas and while much more crowded, but i quickly adjusted.

Went to see Circ de Solei and Blue Man group, both with seats so close that i probably would have died if id known what they cost - but they were Alans treat for me.

did really well with my eating - i had a few treats at the Bellagio buffet, but at those prices and it Was my honeymoon....

we averaged 20,000 steps a day according to alans vivo fit, so i didnt gain anything.

still have my reception/bbq planned for june - was insane and made all the invitations myself.  went from no paper crafts to invitations with embossing, inlaid pages and extensive cutting, punching, gluing!

the joke is i could probably have hired a personal calligrapher and it would have cost less -- but it was a blast to do.

now we will see if i end up with a roasted whole hog and no guests, but think of how much protien that would be.

sorry about the long "all about me" post but youguys have been like family so long i wanted to share!

Would love to see pictures:)

GAviv likes this

I loved reading this update! Congratulations to the happy couple!

We had a bbq the third of June for all our friends and relatives to celebrate, and it was a ton of work but awesome fun.  Unfortunately I made way too much food and bought stuff I had no business eating, so I've been fighting demons I thought were long gone.  This is not helped by all the people who have suddenly turned from supporters to enablers.

Add to this cataract surgery with complications that leaves me unable to exercise or even bend over, and the food demons I thought I had stayed have returned.

call it Karma, because I had been through periods of thinking people sometimes just weren't trying hard enough. -- now I know it's Really not just not trying, it's much more complicated than that.

i say to you all, I'm sorry if I ever made light of your struggles, because at 4 years out I'm definitely having some of my own, and it's not pretty 

Hang in there MJ. It's tough. I'm trying to recover from my own vacation habits now and have one more extended weekend trip to go!

We can do it!

BurgundyBoy and NerdyLady like this

Those demons are very opportunistic I think; waiting until we are at our most vulnerable to reappear.  It is humbling to realize we aren't "cured" but I know that you can do this!

NerdyLady, Clickin and BurgundyBoy like this

Hey, you know hat you have to do!  You've got this!  Keep fighting!

NerdyLady likes this