msmarymac

Post op shenanigans

6 posts in this topic

So on Thursday I had a lower body lift which included tummy tuck,butt, outer thighs.  Also had inner thigh lift,liposuction of hips,thighs and mons. Surgery went well although the post op pain was intense.  The day after surgery I went in for follow up which included ultrasound of legs (he's doing a study on the use of ultrasound post op to detect blood clots).  Discovered a 4cm clot in the popliteal vein behind left knee.  Had a filter placed to catch the clot should it decide to travel and started blood thinners.  You always know these things are a risk but never expect them to happen to you!  The good news is that I am just thrilled with the early results and the pain is a little better every day.  My surgeon went to the hospital with me and stayed the entire time which impressed me.  My new love has been an amazing caregiver, the man deserves sainthood lol.  I'd still do it all over again so don't let my experience scare you off if you're considering it

Stephtay, Res Ipsa, GAviv and 3 others like this

It's good to hear your are doing well! I can't wait to hear your progress!

msmarymac and Stephtay like this

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on the surgery and your new love! Sorry to hear about the clot.

msmarymac likes this

I didn't know you were getting this done! aw, congrats to you, i'm so jealous. you're a total inspiration. i'm so glad your clot was caught. that is very good news.  are you on blood thinners for life? 

and congrats on the new fella! hope everything heals up really soon!

msmarymac likes this

5 hours ago, bellamoma said:

I didn't know you were getting this done! aw, congrats to you, i'm so jealous. you're a total inspiration. i'm so glad your clot was caught. that is very good news.  are you on blood thinners for life? 

and congrats on the new fella! hope everything heals up really soon!

I'd been thinking about it for quite awhile and finally decided to go for it.  Originally was planned to do a second surgery this summer; upper body lift (breast arms back fat) possibly with implants. Dont know how this will impact those plans.

I will be on blood thinners for 3 months then likely have the filter taken out.  Turns out I have something called May Thurner Syndrome where the iliac artery compresses the ileac vein and predisposes me to DVT in left leg.  Don't know how that didn't happen with VSG except they did do a couple doses of Lovenox as I recall.  Anyway,its good to know for future procedures.

I feel so blessed to have been able to do this, and am so thankful for all the support.  And I have a flat belly for the first timein my life :) 

bellamoma likes this

OMG a flat belly! so excellent. you must be beside yourself with a new hot bod! I'm so happy you were able to do this for yourself, and you discovered a health issue that can be prevented with treatment! win-win!!! keep healing! xo

msmarymac likes this