J&K

Liquid Diet

7 posts in this topic

Day 4 liquid diet... Done! Omg it was hard  I was light headed.. I was about to break and eat ... So I took a piece of bacon chew it up and split it out.... omg I feel bad I think it could have been worse....I lost 20 pounds Before the liquid diet! Starting the liquid diet is like uck I know I'm half way there surgery is March 29 .... My head is killing me what should I do ??

Hang in there and keep on the diet. Losing weight before surgery will make the surgery safer, will reduce the weight that you have to lose after the surgery, and will make your transition to your all liquid post op diet much easier. 

Jabsie likes this

OK... Thanks I'm now getting scared about getting the surgery I'm 8 days away and now I'm freaking out 

The liquid diet is really difficult.  I had a headache the entire time.  Focus on how few days of it you have left.  I also went to bed really early because I was too hungry to stay awake.  It helped make the days go by.  And it does get easier!  Day 5 won't be as hard as 4.  You can do it!

5 hours ago, J&K said:

OK... Thanks I'm now getting scared about getting the surgery I'm 8 days away and now I'm freaking out 

Don't freak, it gonna be alright. Be positive you have waited a long time for this. I had surgery and yes you get

nervous , but it went very well. I did not even have to take pain med's after.  Few hints the sooner you get out

of bed the faster you can recover. It is well worth it so keep your chin up. :) go in like a wrecking ball and conquer 

J&K and Jabsie like this

Thank you omg....This liquid diet is alot to get t use to did you slip up in the 2 weeks on the liquid diet? Thank you

20 hours ago, J&K said:

Thank you omg....This liquid diet is alot to get t use to did you slip up in the 2 weeks on the liquid diet? Thank you

It was really hard but I stuck to it. You can too. Hang in there, you're almost to the finish line!