Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carina

Keeping food warm?

7 posts in this topic

What's your experience with having your food go cold? lol

During our preparation period they encouraged us to eat like we will (eventually) be eating: having protein first etc. I noticed that when I did that, the rest of my food was stone cold by the time I was ready for it.

I know a couple of GBP people who used those stay warm plates they have for toddlers: the ones where you put warm water in there to keep the food more or less warm. Anybody do that? Is it worth it?

Jabsie likes this

Just looked up the plates you're talking about. Neat idea, but I don't like eating off plastic. I think I'll try using one of my electric heating pads that I usually use for cramps under my ceramic plate. Interesting topic!

Carina likes this

I eat too fast I'm sure..  But I'm done in 5-10 minutes.  

Carina likes this

i have to eat extra slowly even two years out.  i just got used to eating cold food.  i don't mind it now.  

2 hours ago, walkat103 said:

i have to eat extra slowly even two years out.  i just got used to eating cold food.  i don't mind it now.  

Lol. I don't like cold food. @Gretta I agree about plastic. Guess I'll have to see what bothers me more!

My NUT recommended using one of those little electric coffee mug warmers, they run about $10, and are just the right size for a small plate.

I use the microwave to reheat. I don't mind eating some things cold, other things have to be hot.