MRADHD

Approaching 2nd year post-op.

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I can't believe it's going to be 2 years this April. 10 lbs shy of goal but I think winter is at fault :huh:. Just found a picture of myself on my computer taken 1 month before I decided to go down this road. I weighed 300lbs! Almost all of the men in my family have not lived past their 60 birthday. I lost my uncle at 48 and my dad at 59. So for my it was an easy choice. Added benefit I will never get that horrible heartburn again. If you're deciding if you want GPS surgery you will hear some negative things about it. So always ask yourself  "What type of life would I live if I don't get it? Am I willing to endure the kind of things that could happen if I don't? 

IMG_2729.thumb.PNG.e833f3ac7f50f2046537f5f057c0c401.PNG

Edited by MRADHD
Fix picture
Alexa21, LadyFl, Waisting and 2 others like this

2 hours ago, MRADHD said:

........ always ask yourself  "What type of life would I live if I don't get it? Am I willing to endure the kind of things that could happen if I don't? 

WOW!  That is a stunning transformation MRADHD! 

I pasted a part of your post that particularly struck a chord with me.  That's basically what my surgeon asked me the first time I met him.  Words that have stuck with me ever since and that was over 10 years ago.

Cheesehead likes this

Congrats-this is amazing!! Good for you.

Great job!  You are an inspiration for us all.

Welcome!  What an amazing transformation!