Trish1967

It's been a long time, but I'm back finally

17 posts in this topic

Hi there folks :)

It's been almost a year, but I'm finally starting things up again. Cancer free!! I had my "first" consultation visit on Wednesday. Starting from scratch on my pre-op diet...no surprise I gained all of my weight back. Between 2 surgeries and treatment, I did a lot of stress eating. My thyroid meds still aren't regulated, so I'm still losing a lot of hair. I did have a wonderful blessing during the last year, however. I have a brand new grandson! His name is Harper James, and he will be 4 months old on the 25th. He has given me new motivation to get myself back on track and get my butt in gear! I've missed interacting with you all, and I can't wait to hear how you've been doing! It's great to be back!

thornbury150, Clickin, LeeC and 9 others like this

Welcome back and congratulations on being cancer free! :)

We remain here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

Trish1967 likes this

It's good to have you back and cancer free Trish and congratulations on your new grandie!

Trish1967 likes this

Welcome back, Trish. I'm glad to hear that your treatment was successful and look forward to hearing how everything goes with your WLS process.

Trish1967 likes this

Welcome back.  Congrats on the new little blessing:). 

Trish1967 likes this

Hi! What wonderful news you bring! Congrats! Glad you're back!

Trish1967 likes this

Thank you for the warm welcome back!! I'm anxious to get back to work and actually have my bypass this time!! Day 3 of pre op diet down and doing great so far. I have to stay under 800 calories and under 50g carbs, so I'm having a little bit of carb withdrawal, but this happened last time too. My new little grandson is helping me stay focused on getting healthy so I can be around to watch him grow up! I'll post a pic of him if I can figure out how, lol

bellamoma, LeeC and Res Ipsa like this

That baby is adorable Trish!

Trish1967 likes this

16 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

image.jpeg

Awww!!! Yes he is handsome!

Trish1967 and Alexa21 like this

4 hours ago, cinwa said:

That baby is adorable Trish!

Thank you so much! He's the light of my life!!

1 hour ago, Clickin said:

Awww!!! Yes he is handsome!

Thank you so much!!

Trish! I've thought about you several times and hoped you were doing well. Welcome back! So happy to hear you are cancer free! Can't believe it's been a year already. time flies. 

that baby is delicious.  love his name, too. he looks like a perfectly adorable reason to get your butt in gear. giterdone! xo

Trish1967 likes this

On March 23, 2017 at 3:13 PM, bellamoma said:

Trish! I've thought about you several times and hoped you were doing well. Welcome back! So happy to hear you are cancer free! Can't believe it's been a year already. time flies. 

that baby is delicious.  love his name, too. he looks like a perfectly adorable reason to get your butt in gear. giterdone! xo

Bellamoma :) Thank you!! I really wanted to have my WLS done last year, but two surgeries and treatment, plus not having my thyroid meds regulated, really just wiped me out. I thought it best to wait until I was physically and emotionally stronger before I got back on that horse again! It is hard to believe that it's been a year already! But I've been back on the pre op diet for 11 days now and I've lost 12 pounds so far, so I'm getting there. And thank you, my little guy is utterly and completely amazing in every way!! Being given this tremendous blessing, I have to do this!! I want to be around for a good long time to watch him grow up! :D

LeeC and bellamoma like this

image.jpeg

Raeme, LeeC, Res Ipsa and 3 others like this

I think I need to rent a grandbaby - he does look very cuddable.

Trish1967, bellamoma and LeeC like this

14 hours ago, cinwa said:

I think I need to rent a grandbaby - he does look very cuddable.

I think that would be a very profitable business!! Rent-a-grandbaby! Lol :D He IS very cuddly and very sweet. 

LeeC and Clickin like this