lauraalice6

so exited

6 posts in this topic

so exited to be getting my band in 2 weeks no pre op diet needed for me but definitely not going to over indulge. feeling nervous also any advice welcome to make recovery easier :) xxx

Great news!  You can find more information on life with a lap band at the lap band forum here at TTF:

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/forum/19-lap-band-forums/

Note that there are not a lot of recent postings, as very few surgeons in the US still perform lap band surgery. 

Congrats on making the decision for some kind of weight loss intervention, but definitely do your research on the Lap Band first. It has shown to have many complications that required a lot of them to have to be removed. Several members here are "former" lap band patients, that converted to something else.

11 hours ago, Michael_A said:

Congrats on making the decision for some kind of weight loss intervention, but definitely do your research on the Lap Band first. It has shown to have many complications that required a lot of them to have to be removed. Several members here are "former" lap band patients, that converted to something else.

Lauraalice6 is from UK with a low BMI. Lapband would probably be all that is on offer. Same here in Australia for 30-35 BMI. These days surgeons are more aware of complications from lapband surgery so they stitch the band in place to prevent slippage. 

Yes sorry like Aussie h said. That's all I can get with my bmi of 30..  they would defiantly not consider me a bypass or a sleeve..i will ask about the stitch thank you Aussie h. I have friends  who have been to the same surgeon for the brand and having had any problems I've been looking  into it for years.i have been able to maintain my weight at what I am now after loosing 4st my self but it's been a very low time and a struggle to keep it off. Hence hello band haha. Thank you for your comments though I really  appreciate them. Although I am now petrified haha. Hopefully  all will go well for me got 2 beautiful  babies I need to be healthy for hehexxx

Cheesehead likes this

My sister had a band and loves it. For her the hardest bit was getting the right level of fill. She has hers more for maintenance than weightloss.