jenn3366

Tomorrow's the day

8 posts in this topic

Newbie here – wanted to introduce myself. Typing this while I prepare my hospital bag – my VSG is tomorrow!

Like many of you, I’ve been overweight for almost my entire life – pudgy baby to a teenager wearing her mom’s clothes because nothing in the junior’s area would fit me.  If there is a diet out there, I’ve probably tried it and over the course of the last 15 years, I have probably lost and then gained hundreds of pounds over and over again, 10 or 20 lbs at a time.

Somewhere along the way I always lose focus and I can never seem to find the right rhythm to be consistent. Back in 2011, I lost 50 lbs by eating Paleo and working with a trainer – I ran a 15k, and I’ve never felt happier. Flash forward to today,  I’ve gained it all back + 20 more pounds, and I can scarcely remember how I got here.

I’ve had an oddly quick trip to my 3/17/17 surgery date. My husband and I went to an introductory seminar in early January 2017, I started the process with surgeon’s visits, nutrition appointments, medical testing, and psychological evaluations.  My insurance had no requirements other than a certain BMI range and using an in network surgeon. I was shocked – it seems like almost every insurance carrier has a 6-12 month lead time of requirements. So here I sit – 2 months from my initial introductory seminar date packing a bag for tomorrow’s procedure.

I’m ready and excited to start this journey – I know so much of this battle is mental – and I’m hoping this community can help me along the way!

Cheesehead, Waisting, Kesha and 1 other like this

Welcome!  We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

Hello All, Day  2 liquid diet Jello sugar free 10 cal how many can I eat a day???

1 hour ago, jenn3366 said:

Newbie here – wanted to introduce myself. Typing this while I prepare my hospital bag – my VSG is tomorrow!

Like many of you, I’ve been overweight for almost my entire life – pudgy baby to a teenager wearing her mom’s clothes because nothing in the junior’s area would fit me.  If there is a diet out there, I’ve probably tried it and over the course of the last 15 years, I have probably lost and then gained hundreds of pounds over and over again, 10 or 20 lbs at a time.

Somewhere along the way I always lose focus and I can never seem to find the right rhythm to be consistent. Back in 2011, I lost 50 lbs by eating Paleo and working with a trainer – I ran a 15k, and I’ve never felt happier. Flash forward to today,  I’ve gained it all back + 20 more pounds, and I can scarcely remember how I got here.

I’ve had an oddly quick trip to my 3/17/17 surgery date. My husband and I went to an introductory seminar in early January 2017, I started the process with surgeon’s visits, nutrition appointments, medical testing, and psychological evaluations.  My insurance had no requirements other than a certain BMI range and using an in network surgeon. I was shocked – it seems like almost every insurance carrier has a 6-12 month lead time of requirements. So here I sit – 2 months from my initial introductory seminar date packing a bag for tomorrow’s procedure.

I’m ready and excited to start this journey – I know so much of this battle is mental – and I’m hoping this community can help me along the way!

Good Luck! I'm pre-op now on liquid diet 13 days Togo for surgery kinda scared...

Thinking of you this morning Jenn - have a safe trip to the losers bench.  Post when you can.

Thanks for all of the well wishes! Hope safe and sound and tucked into my recliner! It's amazing how much more comfortable you are in your own space!

The gas pain was the most uncomfortable part of the procedure. I walked the halls so many times, and it still hit me hard in the back and shoulders.

Going to do a little r&r this weekend, and will post a little more about my experiences!

Waisting likes this

Welcome to the losers bench Jenn!

You are so right about being more comfortable at home.  The peace and quiet was something I missed more than anything.

Glad all went well for you.  Good luck on your journey and keep us posted!