tmcgee

Spicy pickles

10 posts in this topic

You can find these about once a year in New England, and yes, I did buy two jars.

IMG_0983.jpg

Cheesehead, Res Ipsa and Clickin like this

I love spicy pickles.

One of the greatest fears that I had about having gastric bypass surgery was that I would have to give up spicy foods. This proved not to be an issue.  Indeed, I probably eat more spicy food now than I did before my gastric bypass. 

tmcgee and Cheesehead like this

Is it hard not to drink with spicy foods?

6 hours ago, Gretta said:

I like spicy food Gretta but as with all of my meals, I always have a couple of pieces of cucumber, celery, orange, grapes or watermelon etc. available to end with if needed.

8 hours ago, Gretta said:

I haven't found drinking necessary, I'm more apt to need a little water with dry food

Thanks for the replies!

tmcgee likes this

On 3/15/2017 at 4:46 PM, Res Ipsa said:

I love spicy pickles.

One of the greatest fears that I had about having gastric bypass surgery was that I would have to give up spicy foods. This proved not to be an issue.  Indeed, I probably eat more spicy food now than I did before my gastric bypass. 

Shaw's Stupidmarket  has them near Boston.

Res Ipsa likes this

On 3/16/2017 at 1:14 AM, Gretta said:

I get a little concerned; I have 2 Mexican sons in laws and another son in law who can down ghost peppers like apples.  I make my hubby try something if I'm thinking it's going to need a fire extinguisher to put it out!  Daughter lived 2 years in china and cooks with hot peppers too so I'm surrounded..  as soon as I was cleared at 12 days post op I was putting regular taco sauce on refried beans for flavor.  Taco sauce and salsa are my go to low calorie condiments.  I put that stuff on chicken...

Clickin likes this

Hey Tom, our Cub supermarket had that in hot and spices spears-didn't see the chips..I love clauses hearty garlic pickles!!

tmcgee likes this

1 hour ago, Cheesehead said:

Hey Tom, our Cub supermarket had that in hot and spices spears-didn't see the chips..I love clauses hearty garlic pickles!!

I can't figure Claussen supermarket faire at all, Lois. Last year, we had the spicy spears, this year they can't be found, at least not yet.

Cheesehead likes this