Hi- I am new to this, appt with kaiser 4/17. 

Can anyone tell me how long the process is? 

I am so nervous about all of this. 

I did great. Walk. That's my advice. After you have your ur surgery get up and walk to get the air out of your stomach. Good luck

Hi scared, welcome to thinner times! do you mean the process of getting approved for surgery or the actual surgery? we're here to help! 

Relax. Weight loss surgery can transform your life for the better - it certainly did for me. I suggest that you spend a lot of time reading posts on the many boards here at TTF, and then let us know if you have any questions.  :)

I am wondering if anyone knows the time line with kaiser. Appt is Monday for class I have to take. My Dr thinks no issues and I should be a go. 

I am hoping for May/June surgery but I think I am pushing it for that short of time line 

I am also debating telling people....My husband and daughter know, however not my son or daughter in law. It is for my health 

I have high blood pressure and diabetes. However people are so damn judgmental. 

Welcome! I'm not familiar with Kaiser's timeline, but hopefully someone else will chime in. In regards to telling people, if you're unsure, I say keep it quiet for now. You can't unring a bell and you can't untell people. I only told a few key people about my surgery initially, and while, I've been more open lately, it took me a while to get to the point where I was comfortable telling more people. Just do what's right for you.

I went through Kaiser for mine. They have a 12 week program you must take first, it's called options and they educate you all on the sleeve and bypass. Throughout the time of the class you have to do all your labs and requirements first. Once you graduate the course you'll have a psych evaluation. After that you'll have a consultation with your surgeon. I finished my course at the end of November and had my surgery last week. I had a little hold up with my surgery because couldn't get my last 10 pounds off but as soon as I did my surgery was scheduled a month later. As long as everything is fine with your labs and you lose your required weight everything happens pretty quick! Good luck!!