Sylvua

I'm New Here

5 posts in this topic

Hi!  My name is Sylvia.  I have my sleeve surgery on 03/22/2017.  I am doing a two week pre-op diet now and finding it a bit hard because I'm also on vacation.  How is everyone out there?  What can anyone tell me about their sleeve experience.

Welcome!  If you read postings here at TTF you will find lots of information on the sleeve surgery and how people have found their life to be after that surgery. So I suggest that you spend some time browsing TTF and then let us know if you have any specific questions. 

Hi, Sylvia!  My date is 3/16 so I'm at the end of pre-op diet.  Must be tough following it on vacation!!  My pre-op is an Optifast only 800 cal diet so there isn't any menu choice, tho.

My pre-op fast is 3 protein shakes and 1 small meal a day for two weeks.  I began on 03/08/17.  I get home on 03/21/17 and my surgery is 03/22/17.  I drink Muscle Milk 100 and Premier Protein.  Both are getting to sweet for me I'll have to find something else.  Wow, you are really close.  Are you having the sleeve surgery?  So how are you feeling about starting your life with all its changes?  I know it's going to be a challenge and scary but I'm excited too. I have other health issues that I pray will greatly benefit from getting this weigh off.  I will keep you in prayer for a safe surgery and rapid recovery.

Thanks for the prayers and wishes, Sylvia!  I can't say I'm excited exactly, just ready to get it over with already.  I figure I have one more really tough month with liquid then purée stages and, hopefully, by then I can start adapting to my new life.  Still nervous and tentative about the future though.  I'll report back after sleeve is done