Olga

Psyc evaluation

3 posts in this topic

I'm wondering where I can get an evaluation? And how much will it cost? Do they take insurance? 

You have several options: Call your bariatric group and see if they have a list of providers who either take insurance or use sliding scale for the fee.  Call the insurance and see if you are covered for a bariatric psych eval and then ask for a list of approved providers. If your insurance does not cover a psych eval then I suggest you goggle something like this ... san diego sliding scale psychologist, make a list and ask if 1) they do a bariatric psych eval and 2) the fee based on sliding scale.  Best of luck.

Agree with Lee.  Call your surgeons office.  They will probably have a list of providers who are experienced with doing evals for weight loss patients.  In my case part of the eval was covered by insurance and some was not, sorry can't recall which was which.

Got lucky in my case as the provider had been the inhouse counselor for a bariatic practice before going into private practice.