ShrinkingViolet2

A Big Thank You...back on track

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi TT fam. I just wanted to send a big thank-you to you for your support these past few weeks. Your kindness and expressions of care and concern have meant so much. We are still riding an emotional rollercoaster with my father's illness, but we have been blessed with great love and support. So we remain positive. 

I'm happy to report that I'm back in the losing game. As of today, I've lost 91 lbs., and I'm still so happy I made the decision for WLS. Staying in the fight is so worth it.

From now on, I intend my posts to get back on track too. Mostly just keeping it about weight loss.

You guys are awesome! You rock. Big hugs from New Mexico! 

-Kim❤️

IMG_3667.JPG

Edited by ShrinkingViolet2

Awesome, Kim! Wishing you continued strength with everything.

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

Hang in there, girl...you've got this.  You're looking great!

Congratulations Kim - you're looking fantastic!

How is your Dad?

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, cinwa said:

Congratulations Kim - you're looking fantastic!

How is your Dad?

Thanks Cinwa! He's doing a little better. They gave him a chemo reprieve because he was dehydrated. He also has several blood clots in his legs. It's just an up and down type of thing. The past few days have been good days for him, however. His appetite has improved and he appears to have more energy. We are staying positive and adjusting to the new normal. Big hugs!❤️

Clickin and Cheesehead like this

Thinking good thoughts for you and your family. Congrats on the great results!

Great news.  Hang in there. You can do it.  I am going through chemo with my (wonderful) mother  in law. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Great news.  Hang in there. You can do it.  I am going through chemo with my (wonderful) mother  in law. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad she has a caring son-in-law to help her through it!;)

Res Ipsa likes this

Baby steps... but at least it's in a good direction!  

We are family here, we care what happens to each other and their families..  keep the updates coming..

ShrinkingViolet2 and Res Ipsa like this

Kim, praying for you and your family.  Make sure you take care of yourself. 

Posted (edited)

Admitted to hospital on Friday. Eyelid was size of golf ball. Antibiotics greatly reduced swelling and I was released today, but going for outpatient biopsy of lacrimal gland tomorrow. Dad is doing well. Chemo went well today. Hugs to all.

You were in the hospital? Oh my gosh! I will be thinking of you tomorrow. 

I'm very sorry about your eyelid. I hope that your test turns out well. I am pulling (and praying) for you and your dad. 

I know you have a lot on your plate right now, but please take care of yourself!  Glad your dad is doing good with chemo.  That's a plus:)

Posted (edited)

Eye gland biopsy today. Hope to have answers in a week. Dad is doing well and gaining strength every day. Thankful for that and for access to good health care! 

Thank you all. I'm in minimal pain right now and staying positive. Hugs!❤

-Kim

PS: I'd postponed biopsy because I thought eye was healing on its own. Nevertheless, I appreciate having an outstanding ophthalmologist/surgeon.

Clickin and Res Ipsa like this

Dad's doing better and so am I. He no longer needs his walker, and his energy is being restored. My eye feels and looks better, but I'm still wearing sunglasses indoors while it heals. We were able to go to church as a family today. I feel so blessed. Thank you for your prayers! They're working. Hugs.❤

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3879.JPG

nimiety, msmarymac, KMFL28 and 5 others like this

Wow, beautiful pics, beautiful family. So very happy to see dad looking so strong! Xo

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to share some good news with you. Dad now shows no evidence of disease on his latest CT scan! Praise God!!!! ❤️❤️❤️And my eye is healing, but I've gained weight from steroids. It's diagnosed as a weird, benign condition called orbital psuedotumor. I know this is temporary. Hugs.

PS: #makin' progress. No more golf ball-sized eye

IMG_4105.JPG

Cheesehead, Raeme, Clickin and 1 other like this

That's fantastic news!!!! What a turnaround! Amazing!

1 minute ago, Gretta said:

That's fantastic news!!!! What a turnaround! Amazing!

Indeed!!! The news about Dad has made my year. I have no words to express the gratitude and relief and hope...

Great news! :) 

Thank you so much for letting us know. 

It's been a rough start to the year for you and your family Kim but I'm delighted things are on the turn.

Oh Kim.  I am so happy for you and your family but especially for your Dad. <3

your prednisone gain should be temporary. I've had to do a taper twice and it goes away. 

Fantastic!

4 hours ago, Clickin said:

Oh Kim.  I am so happy for you and your family but especially for your Dad. <3

your prednisone gain should be temporary. I've had to do a taper twice and it goes away. 

Thank you. This is so reassuring! I'm in my honeymoon phase and have been bummed that some of this window has been sidetracked by steroid use. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones with a longer honeymoon period than a year. Whatever the case, I have to focus right now on having two healthy eyes, THEN weight. This has been a lesson to me that weight loss is important, but so is maintaining your health. I'm still eating right and not going to let the gain get any worse.

I still look at the scale every day. Sometimes I fret. But it could have been cancer; it could have been much worse! Gotta keep things in perspective and count my blessings. It's also a reminder not to judge folks who aren't svelte. You never know what battles they're facing. I have a friend on steroids permanently. She wants her body back.

We're all on a journey. Sometimes that journey has side trails. Thank God we are vertical and loved and blessed! Soon enough I'll be back on the loser's bench!;)

Big Hugs, 

Kim