Phinphan

Vitamins make me sick

6 posts in this topic

I bought the chewable Celebrate multivitamins recommend to me by my dietician.  They make me super nauseous as soon as they hit my sleeve.  So I am taking nothing now.  I bought the nutreince https://www.caltonnutrition.com/product/nutreince-sample-pack/

2 questions anyone else get sick on vitamins?  Anyone try these nutreince drink mixes?

I had to go off vitamins the first 2 weeks after surgery, they made me sick as well.  When I was cleared to swallow pills, I started taking Bariatric Advantage ultra multi's (formulated to dissolve fast for us) and do okay with those.  I did learn I have to eat something with them or don't feel well for about 20 minutes.  

Phinphan likes this

On 3/8/2017 at 4:56 PM, Phinphan said:

I bought the chewable Celebrate multivitamins recommend to me by my dietician.  They make me super nauseous as soon as they hit my sleeve.  So I am taking nothing now.  I bought the nutreince https://www.caltonnutrition.com/product/nutreince-sample-pack/

2 questions anyone else get sick on vitamins?  Anyone try these nutreince drink mixes?

I didn't like these. They didn't make me sick, I just didn't like the taste. My dr. told me as a sleeve I don't need to take bariatric vitamins. I take two One-a-day women's vitamins. One in the morning and one at night. I also take a B-12 and calcium chews. For 3+ years my labs have been just fine. Check with your dr. You might be able to take non-bariatric vitamins too. 

Phinphan likes this

For me it is the iron in the multi vitamins that make me sick. I too stopped taking them.

Also zinc as I have hair loss. But I find a glass of milk after the tablet stops me feeling nauseous.

Phinphan likes this

My mom has various gastric problems including gluten/lactose/soy intolerance and GERD.  Vitamins have always upset her stomach.  She found that whole food based vitamins did not cause the pain and nausea that others ones did.  She uses both Source of Life Gold....which comes in chewable and liquid forms, and Garden of Life/Vitamin Code products with no problems.  I'm a big fan of the Vitamin Code and Kind supplements - it's all I've taken since my VSG over 3 years ago and all of my levels are spot on, if not high.   You may give them a try.

Phinphan likes this

Thanks everyone, I got the nutreince they don't make me sick but man the one I tried taste bad.  Can't wait until I can take a pill.