xfrustin

PRE OP Diet QUESTIONS

I start my pre op diet on the 3/14. What should I eat and drink that will satisfy me ?? I'm open to all options!!! 

I didn't have a pre-op diet per se.  I just had to lose weight and keep it off.

Have you been assigned a nutritionist?  If not, call your surgeon's office and ask. 

Were you given a plan from your surgeon's office? I had a strict plan- liquid protein, broth, soup.  I second cinwa's advice to contact your surgeon's office to see what their pre-op diet plan is. 

I was given couple of sheets with stuff, but I would like to hear everyone's input on how they manage to get through the 2 week low carb diet because I know a lot of people go crazy lol

2 weeks of low carb goes well after the 3rd day and by that time you are 11 days from surgery.  You can do this, just follow what your bariatric team has given you. That makes it simple and easy.

Because each doctor is different, you need to follow your drs directions to the letter!  

I had no pre op diet.  But stay focused on the prize at the end.  No cheating no matter how tempting it is..  this is a beginning of a new life style..a better, healthier you..

On 3/10/2017 at 0:16 AM, xfrustin said:

I was given couple of sheets with stuff, but I would like to hear everyone's input on how they manage to get through the 2 week low carb diet because I know a lot of people go crazy lol

My doc was very strict with my pre op diet.. It was hard... I was hungry all the time. but I kept just looking at the end game I had a lot of yogurt, a lot of cream of celery and a lot of broth...lol

My pre-op diet was Optifast so I had no options.  Stick to what your doctor requires.  They are all different.