Can someone please tell me reasons why insurance (TriCare) could deny my surgery??? I am cleared both from Psych and Dietitian, since protocols changed I am not required to do the 6 months surpervised diet. There's one thing probably why....I don't have documented weight loss attempts (such as weight watchers...jenny craig...) ...even though I did make several of them! Don't want to lose hope!  Super Nervous!! 

get your ins. carrier to send you in writing what is needed. mine told me that a 6 month supervised diet wasn't required, this changed when I had done everything else. Good luck.

I have Tricare Prime and didn't have to produce documentation of previous dieting attempts (although I do have a 35+ year history of attending Weight Watchers etc.).

Having said that, I had my surgery at a military treatment facility.  I was referred to a surgeon about an umbilical hernia and out of the blue, it was he who raised the question about a gastric bypass because at my weight, any attempts to repair the hernia didn't stand much chance of success unless I lost weight (and kept it off).