Lashowne

Sleeve to RYN

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm in the last stages of my appointments to get the bypass surgery. I had the gastric sleeve 6 years ago, and surgery went well no complications except for GERD now. I lost a total of 90lbs with the sleeve, and now 6 years later I have gained back 50lbs. With that my back on blood pressure meds and they have now added a 2nd pill to control it. I was also borderline for diabetes. So now I have considered the bypass, because my dr did a scope to see if my pouch have stretched and it has not. So my dr suggested RYN. I'm a bit nervous, but just wanted to hear from someone who has done the same. Going from sleeve to bypass. Pleaseee help my surgery time is approaching. 

Welcome to Thinner Times Lashowne!

We have several members who have revised from a VSG to a RNY.  Hopefully, they'll see your thread and post of their experiences.

I cannot advise you on a revision to a RNY bypass except to say that I have never regretted having my RNY gastric bypass.  It allowed me to lose all of my excess weight in about 10 months, and to keep it all off in the years since then.

LeeC likes this

Welcome!  I'm not revision-just bypass.  It enabled me to ditch my blood pressure meds and diabetes meds (I was on 2bp and 6 diabetes pills a day). Before surgery I took 18 pills a day; now I take 1 thyroid pill.  It took 6 months to get rid of my last book pill.  Good luck!