mikef

Do you have regrets?

Do you have regrets?    12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have regrets or would you do it different?

• No regrets at all. Best decision I ever made.
    • Yes. I wish I never did the surgery.
    • I wish I would of done the RNY full bypass instead.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

So usually you only hear from people with problems. I want to hear from everyone. I'm still trying to decide. 

Only problem I had and still have is nausea, and not getting in my protein requirements. Most days I just can't eat that much but I am learning to be more mindful that I haven't ate in a while and I will eat a little. I am almost 6 months out and still can't believe how i look now, from 22_24 to 14_12. I love the fact I can't eat much but I still crave everything I use to eat but I don't give in. 

I'm 4 years out; haven't had any problems.  Couldn't be happier!  It's still all about what you put in your mouth in the end.  And only you can control that!  The only things that make me ill is alcohol and fried foods so I don't go there and it's nothing I need anyways!  

just my 2 cents but I think your goal weight is a bit high.  You will probably go below it..Btw-welcome!  

Best decision I ever made. Hands down. 

athenarose likes this

4 hours ago, GAviv said:

Yep!

8 hours ago, GAviv said:

I totally agree. 

If I had to do it again tomorrow, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

GAviv likes this

Ditto to all of the above!

I was incredibly nervous about the surgery, right up till the surgeon wheeled me in to the operating room, but I have never regretted it for even a moment since I woke up in recovery. I will be a year out next week and I have lost almost 165lbs, I took up cross country skiing this winter to help rebuild my muscle loss and now ski 3 to 4 times a week. This last weekend I was able to go down hill skiing for the first time in almost 20 years and realized exactly what I had been missing all those years. Don't get me wrong, this surgery is not a magical fix, I still crave foods I used to eat and I have struggled to find quick meals after a busy day with my kids, but in the end it all comes down to will power, planning and what is most import to each person. For years it was more important for me to feel comfortable and food was comfort, but after the surgery I decided to break that habit and start new habits, VSG gave me a fresh start and I decided to use that fresh start to make myself healthy for the first time in my life. 

I wish you the best of luck!!

Clickin and GAviv like this

I regret not having the surgery years earlier!!!

Four months out and wish I had not done it. I'm holding out hope that it gets better, but I wish I could undo this.

On 2/27/2017 at 6:57 PM, GAviv said:

This. 100%