DoneW/300s

To be sleeved on 3/14/17

50 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, tmcgee said:

Best wishes for your long term success, your surgery date is my 4 year marker and I've been at my original target weight of 199 for a very long time. Life is good!

Your post is an inspiration for me. I have having the sleeve the 27th of this month. Worried I would be fat again.  Glad to hear it can be done long term!!

Anne

Well, it's done. Surgery happened on Tuesday the 14th as scheduled. Check in weight was 304, down from 322 weeks prior. I got home last night after a few crappy days in the hospital. The surgeon said I did a good job shrinking my liver and procedure was textbook. I feel great, except the stitches in my main hole they pulled the stomach out of hurt like hell. Everthing I move even a little bit if feels like a huge fish hook pulling on my stomach muscles. And what has me concerned it that that pain haven't s

....continuing. That pain hasn't seemed to get any better and it really is impeeding on my ability to walk around. I can only do it with lot of pain. Is this normal? Can anyone offer a similar situation? And if so, how long will I have to endure this  excruciating pain? As far as eating, I haven't had and protein or broths. I can only do liquids and ice pops. I am going to try some protein shakes today and see how it goes. My guts are making all kinds of noise now, so I guess it time to force some down. Any recommendations or similar results would be appreciated. 

You should not be in excruciating pain - put a call into your surgeon's office straight away.

3 hours ago, cinwa said:

You should not be in excruciating pain - put a call into your surgeon's office straight away.

Agreed.  I had some pain when getting in and out of bed, but other than that there was little to no discomfort even.  Call your doc.

As far as the noisy guts, it will happen for a few weeks at least.  Mine have quieted down now, but were very loud the first month or two.  It's not the same as when your stomach grumbled before surgery, as in it's not a sign that you need to eat.  I don't know what causes it but I found it fairly entertaining when I was first post-op.

I am one day out and have minimal discomfort.  I agree with contacting your doc.

Welcome back. I hope you can get sone help getting the pain under control.

I talked to the surgeon about it before being discharged. He said it was normal and would go away soon. He recommended cold presses. It really hurts when I stand up straight and try to get in and out of bed. I guess it's the stitches between the inner and outer  abdomen. It's has even created a depression in my skin. I'm gonna give it a day or so before I call the surgeon and try to take it easy.

So sorry you're having this problem. I agree with the others: keep on top of it with your medical team.

Has the pain and pulling gotten better for you??

Not at all. I'm getting really discouraged. I'm going to put a call into the doctors office today. I still can only bare the pain between chair, bathroom, and the couch. I have read others have had similar pain with their large sututure area and need to wait for the stitches to dissolve before getting some relief. I can't believe even deal with my nutrition right now as all I do is deal with the pain. FYI, tender to touch around the area, but no nausea, fever, or accelerated heart rate. But the rest my body is really starting to hurt do to laying around all day. Please give me some words of encouragement. 

The one thing that helped me was to move as much as possible - just walk around the house and/or yard every hour or so for 10-15 minutes.

Damn, Done.  So sorry to hear that!!  Def call your doc.  Immobilizing pain isn't right.  Pain mends help at all?

So I called the doctor yesterday got an appointment for this morning. I now know that this is nothing more than some type of muscle spasms but I'm going to ask the doctor for a muscle relaxer or something that can help. Last night things were actually loosening up a little bit and I can roll over and move a little more, then I took a sip of water with a pain pill at about 1 AM and coughed on the water sip.  it felt a hot sword went into my gut. Now I'm back to square one this morning with a c instant cramp in my stomack muscle. Hopefully the doctor will give me something other then Percocet to take the edge off. 

On a different note, I still haven't had a bowl movement since prior to the surgery just shy of a week now. I told some OTC saline solution stuff yesterday that didn't work. I guess the doctor will have a suggestion for that also. 

So sorry you're having so much pain. It does sound like it's not too serious, but geez. Hope it's over soon.

Just to set the record straight and keep everybody informed as you may be following this thread, the doctor saw me first thing today and felt it was a hematoma, but to be sure he wanted to do a CT scan. After about a two hour wait at the hospital directly across the street they did the scan and told me that it was a hematoma as suspected.  The doctor said there's nothing that can be done about it. It just has to reabsorb over the next couple of weeks however, it is going to give me more pain than I should of had and continue to use the pain pills Percocets as prescribed and try to do as much walking as possible.  I kind of laughed ( which really hurt BTW)  and told him that because of the pain I can only be on my feet for about 2 to 3 minutes but I will do my best to follow my doctors orders and push through this issue. Beginning weight 322  Preop weight I think 304 last week, and today I was 294. So I guess I'm actually done w/300'a now after all.

Thank you guys for to listening to my woes. 

Wow, you've been through so much. Sending you healing vibes. Thank you for keeping us posted. So sorry it hasn't been smoother sailing! 

I'm sure the BM thing also has to do with being on the pain pills and being dehydrated. Really try to get those fluids in. Maybe try Colace (stool softener). I bet you can't wait to feel good again!

Well 2 good things at least: you know what the problem is (because that was NOT acceptable pain) and you're done with 300s!  Still sorry you're laid up as you are.  It will pass soon, though, now that you know it's a hematoma that will absorb and not something more serious.  If it makes you feel better, my weight has gone up since surgery even though I've been able to walk a lot since day 1!  So you take it say and lose while I'll walk for the both of us and gain!  Lol

Hi, how are you now?

Doing a lot better, thanks for asking Carina. My pain levels are way down. Sadly, the only pain I get it from the damn hematoma that has gone away, struck, or changed in any way. That's said, I am over the shakes. I am now craving real food. I know it's a little early in my nutional plan, but I am losing weight every day and I really feel like eating. Had soups and few bites of my steak the other night. I chewed it well and it went down nice. I'm addicted to sugar free ice pops, but have been experimenting with foods. I have been able to walk quite a bite now. I usually do about a half mile, but I have done a couple 2 mile walks. It really wipes me out and my energy is gone, but I get it down. Funny thing is my thighs don't rub togeather anymore. Just a funny thing to share. I also seem to need naps in the afternoon due to low energy. I have about her week until work starts back so I hope my energy levels come back soon. I'll hit the scale in a few days and update me weight for you guys. 

Carina likes this

Great news, Done!!!  I'm doing the nap thing too.  Can't seem to stay awake once I sit down.  Lol

Congrats on the thigh gap!!  Have fun walking without chafe!

Sadly, we don't all come out of the gate raring to go but I'm happy to hear that you seem to have turned the corner DoneW/300s.

Don't forget to update your stats - we're all interested to hear how much weight you lost.

Hello all,

Had a little problem with heartburn/reflux last couple of days. Keep me up last night and kinda sucked good. Tums wouldn't touch it and that's all I had. I called the doctor and they sent me a prescription of something I can't remember. Grabbing that later so no more of that hopefullly. 

One possitive note, I now weigh 276 at two weeks post-op. That's 46lbs down in less than a month. Pretty crazy, waist down from 48" to 44"-42". I am sleeping really good now with no c-pap or back pain in the morning. 

I am tired of shakes as previously stated, so I'm trying regular food that I can chew good. Its hard to get much down sometimes and get close to my protein goals but I guess a little each day will have to do. For now the heartburn issue sucks, but the lack of proper fitting cloths is a good kind of suck too. 

Thanks all for the well wishes. 

DoneW/300's

Clickin likes this

Congrats on all the milestones already, Done!  Wow!!  So many in such a short time!

I had/have wicked heartburn issues too.  Tums, Gaviscon, GasX.  Limit dairy for a bit. Eating even smaller amounts even slower. Drinking only water, mint tea or chamomile tea.  These are things I've tried with some success.

Wow! You're really making progress! Awesome!