shmooshy

thigh lift recovery

4 posts in this topic

hello

I had what i believe is called a medial thigh lift - meaning the incision is in the groin only, not all the way down to the knee.

today is the 11th day after surgery.  I still have stitches in which will be taken out next Friday 3 March. 

Obviously I knew I would be uncomfortable, and I AM!  But how long does this last?  Anyone with more experience recovered from this surgery?  I have not sat down much for the last two days as it is too sore, at least on the left leg.  When I sit it feels like I am sitting on a rock.  I think it is healing well, I don't feel an infection - bandages still on - but I do feel inflammation and constant pull and tension of course.

I didn't have the same surgery. I had the thigh lift but my scar was from knee up. I am now 22 days post op. I had staples and they were finally removed two days ago. I had issues as well when sitting. I found that sitting on several blankets or soft pillows helped me. Hope this helps. 

thanks Melina

it's much better today. still uncomfortable but i can sit better than on Wednesday!

Well I had similar surgery Sept 30th.... But I had 2 incisions because I had loose skin both vertical and horizontal my scar incisions were from the bikini area wraps all the way around to half of the buttocks the other incision went from the growing area straight down to about 6 inches above the knee. For me it was absolute hell... The recovery for me was a good three weeks even having intercourse starting at about 3 weeks was excruciating the skin between my inner thighs down to the point of the six inches above the knee felt as though it was going to rip it in half the only way I could comfortably have intercourse was lying on my side or stomach that lasted for two to three months now again my incisions sound a lot more invasive than what it sounds like you had also was not able to even sit on the toilet for about 2 weeks but I can tell you I would do it again in a heartbeat.