Charm83

Starting at 225 61.5 inches anyone care to share your results and experience

11 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'm 32yrs old starting at 225 61.5 inches BMI 41.8..goal weight about 125. I was wondering if there was anyone out there started about the same as me and care to share their story with me. Any advice is welcome. I've thought about it for over 2 years and I'm finally ready to take on this new journey. Anyone have Fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, severe migraines or arthritis and symptoms improved after weight loss? Thanks in advance for all your input. 

I was not the same height nor starting weight as you but I wanted to wish you a warm welcome to Thinner Times all the same. 

Charm83 likes this

Thank you 

I was 227 and I'm 5 feet. It was the BEST thing I ever did. Wish I would have done it at your age! 

It went much slower for me than for others. But I just kept at it and it came off. I reached my goal around 10 months out. Good luck!

Alexa21, LeeC, CoTN and 1 other like this

Welcome Charm83. I'm in the same situation as you. Similar height and starting weight. I'm only 4 weeks post-op, and I feel happy to finally have my surgery done. I started to think about it more than 10 years ago but my endocrinologist put me on Sibutramine and I lost weight. Sibutramine was retired from the market in Europe years ago and then my weight started to raise again. After my recent bypass surgery I've noticed less pain in my back and my joints, principally my right knee (femoro-patella osteoarthritis grade IV). Also I've recovered part of my lost lung capacity. 

I wish you the best in this journey!

Charm83 likes this

Isaare, thanks for your response. That's awesome to hear you're doing well. I'm happy for you things are going well. I'll looking forward to feeling an improvement in some pain. How much weight have you lost so far?

JulieW, 

Thank you. I'm definetly looking forward to surgery date. I don't have one yet. So what was your goal weight? 

At the moment I'm 18 kgs down from my original weigth, of which 9 are post-op. (~39 pounds, about 19 post-op)

2 hours ago, Charm83 said:

JulieW, 

Thank you. I'm definetly looking forward to surgery date. I don't have one yet. So what was your goal weight? 

My goal weight is to stay within the 115-120 range. It took me 11 months to reach my goal. 

Alexa21 likes this

283 5ft 7in 11 months to goal, 139 holding that weight for 1.5 years. Old size 22 pant 3x shirt size 2/4 s xs tops dresses no issues best decision I've ever made other than my 3 beautiful children. 

Gin820, Res Ipsa, NyxinKC and 3 others like this

Starting weight at 240 and 5'2". I'm only 3-1/2 weeks post op and down 27lbs as of this morning. I wished I would have done this 10 years ago.