Bigfuzzy

doctor visits

6 posts in this topic

its recommended that you make a yearly visit to your doctor. does it really matter whether its your surgeon or your gp? my gp has been with me going through

this with me since before I started my 6 month diet, orders blood test, I see at least 2 times a year & is about a third of the cost. with this wonderful insurance we have 

surgeon visit is not covered(over $250.00), a gp visit is($60.00 copay)

My bariatric surgeon followed me for 1 year.  After that, my PCP took over my annual check-up/blood work etc.

Unless you're having any surgery related long term complications, I don't see why not.

As long as the Gp knows what's labs you should have...

14 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

As long as the Gp knows what's labs you should have...

is there a list for rny surgery people should have checked, so I can check behind him? the last visit with him he ordered the same test that my surgeon had ordered.

There is a list that I found online but can't recall the site. It lists the annual bloods required for each of lap band, vertical sleeve and bypass surgeries. While most of the testing was in common there were some extras in the sleeve and RNY. I printed one out for my family doctor and insisted they be done. For some reason he is reluctant to order blood tests but he was okay about it when I showed him the paperwork. I think I just googled weight loss surgery required blood tests from memory.