ShrinkingViolet2

Ate everything in sight

83 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, ShrinkingViolet2 said:

Dad's homegoing celebration was beautiful, filled with the love and dignity with which he lived his life. He left a beautiful legacy. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I'm doing much better now. God gave us a double rainbow during the repast. We called it a "Waynebow." Now that I've got a new job, I'll be living with Mom to keep her company. We get along well and are staying busy. Hugs!

Kim,

I'm not ashamed to tell you that your post left tears in my eyes.  What a beautiful day and to see a double rainbow - well, it was surely a sign from the heavens.

Your father had a lot to be proud of but I think he would admit that you, Keith and Matthew were his greatest legacy because he left you with happy memories.

A "Waynebow"! So special! I hope you and your mom have some great times living together.

Thank you for your post.  From now on all double rainbows in my family will be called "Waynebows" in honor of a truly wonderful person.

Our best thoughts and love are with you.

Thank you for sharing your father's life with us. You father was a man of distinction and I'm thankful for his service to our country. 

Your family is in my heart. xo

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. He sounds like an amazing man who loved and served his country as much as he loved and served his family and faith. May you and your family continue to find peace and remember the amazing memories and love you all shared with your dad. How fitting that God gave you a double rainbow on this day! 

ShrinkingViolet2 and NerdyLady like this

Kim, it's been too long since I've been on here, I am just seeing this sad news. Your dad was clearly a super special human being, and I'm so glad he was your daddy. My husband is from Africa and they say "home going" there as well. I find home going incredibly comforting and beautiful. 

I'm so sorry he passed. I'm comforted in knowing that a big piece of his heart lives on in you. 

Xoxo

Trish13, NerdyLady, Clickin and 1 other like this

Sounds like you Dad was a hell of a guy.

Sorry to hear about his health.

And as far as the eating and all goes - we're all just human and we all have moments where we fall back on these things or slip. From the sound of it, your Dad was the kind of awesome dude who would understand that and like him, remind yourself that you did nothing bad and tomorrow is another day where you can get back to being an awesome person like your Dad.

ShrinkingViolet2 and NerdyLady like this

I'm so sorry you lost your dad. I hope you find comfort in the wonderful memories you have!!