teacupnosaucer

March 2017 Surgeries?

17 posts in this topic

Met with my surgeon and signed consent last week. (Yay!!!!!!) I haven't gotten an official date yet, but he fully expects it will be sometime in March. I'm getting the sleeve. Anyone else having their operation in March?

Congratulations!  Fingers crossed that you get your surgery date soon.  

teacupnosaucer likes this

Hi, I'm scheduled for VSG on March 3, so excited!

On 2017-02-21 at 7:32 AM, CoTN said:

Hi, I'm scheduled for VSG on March 3, so excited!

Great news! Your start weight/BMI and mine are super close, too! I think that makes us surgery siblings! :)

CoTN likes this

Got my date! I will be getting my sleeve March 22nd! Starting the liquid diet March 8th. It's all moving so fast now! People always said it would, but it was hard to believe them when you were still more than a year out and on the waiting list!

Res Ipsa and CoTN like this

Hey Surgery Sibling ~ all well here and I am happy you are close now!  Stock up on popsicles and jello   :)

My sleeve is doing well, its just me mentally tired of liquids.  I want to crunch a triscuit or chew some chicken.  

Res Ipsa likes this

Hi CoTN & trailblazer!  I also have my lap band to VGS revision surgery this month - scheduled for March 29th.  I have my pre-op appts with my surgeon and the hospital tomorrow. I am not going to lie, the thought of permanently removing  part of my stomach has me scared. I have been researching this for over a year and know that I am ready for this big step. I really would like to keep in touch with both of you as we will be at similar stages in this journey. So happy to hear that CoTN's surgery went well, really helps to calm my nerves.  Looking forward to hearing about both of your progress!!

Hi Toto, yesterday day 11 post op....  I rolled over on my stomach while sleeping and there was no pain.  Now this week I am moving slowly and get tired quicker but physically okay.  Just so weak and tired from the liquids.  Looking forward to a little bit of soft food on Friday!

Just do everything the doctor says and you will do great!

Toto65 likes this

I go in on Thursday.  Nervous but committed.  So many positive stories here that I just try to stay focused on the long term taking one step at a time.

I had my pre op appts today and after talking with the surgeon, I changed from taking 2 wks off to 3 weeks.  Based on how CoTN is feeling on day 11, I think 2 weeks would have been too soon. At the hospital appt they did blood work and an EKG then walked me thru what my stay will be like.  My surgeon gave me a huge binder with all sorts of info on VSG - guess I know what my nightly reading will be. LOL

CoTN - was there anything after the surgery that surprised you or caught you off guard?  Anything special you would recommend to bring to the hospital? Finally, the most critical question..... did they let you leave your toe nail polish on during surgery?? LOL - a girl has to have her priorities! 

March surgery here! 6 more days until mine! I only took 5 days off work. Hope I bounce back quickly. I stopped smoking yesterday, that's been the hardest part.

Newbie to the forum with a tomorrow surgery date - 3/17/17. Laying off the caffeine has been the hardest part for me. The first two days on decaf coffee, I was so cloudy, it was hard to function! Was so glad when I started to feel more normal on day three. Slightly nervous about tomorrow, but so optimistic about the future!

Had my surgery Thurs.  I may go back to work Monday depending on how I feel.  As it is now, I'll go stir crazy sitting at home one more day.  I have a desk job and I can always leave early if I get too tired so I should be okay

Hi TentativeMe! Sounds Like your recovery is going wonderful but are you sure you want to try to go back to work so soon though? Your body has still been through a major procedure please don't push it. Is there any chance you can do work from home? I will be taking several weeks off but knowing me I will still be on my work laptop checking emails from home.

So what has the first couple of days been like trying to drink liquids? Do you still feel hungry?  What was your pre-op diet like?  Were you able to stick to it? 

I hope you don't mind answering all these questions but it does help me as I get ready to go through the same thing.

Tomorrow is day five after surgery and I am going back to work tomorrow. I work from home pretty consistently - with the exception of big meeting days - so hoping that I am fully recovered by the time that I have to go back.  I am not taking any pain meds other than liquid Tylenol every 4 hours - honestly the first few days of gas build up and aches were worse than any sort of incision pain. My husband still has to help me up and down out of the recliner or to go to the bathroom - but the pain feels manageable.

I think the weirdest part of going back to work in an office would be the food/timers/medications. I have apps on my phone beeping at me to remind me to take a vitamin or to drink a couple of ounces of fluid. It is so odd to not feel any sort of hunger! I know that feeling comes back, but I'm thankful for it right now! 

Sounds like you're off to a great start Jenn.

Posted (edited)

My surgery is in 6 days! Teacup and CoTn, my starting weight is similar to both of yours. So excited!

Edited by Mossyvsg