Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SME

Finding out about my sleeve

3 posts in this topic

I have discovered that my sleeve likes everything I do, the good food and the bad. I was so hopeful that it wouldn't like sugar, my Kryptonite. Of course being 3 weeks post op I can't hold much and I'm trying to just eat protein, but a few small bites of a cookie or a jellybean tastes sooooooo good. I know the honeymoon period is my time to lose weight the easiest I can during this journey but it's so hard. I know WLS is a tool and the more I stay away from things I shouldn't eat the easier it becomes to resist them, but yikes it's hard!!!!

You are right SME.  You are so early out and the more you stay away from cookies and candy the easier your journey will be.  

Waisting and SME like this

My sleeve likes everything as well, which is why it is so important to permanently change eating habits.  Stop the sugar now.  Like right now.  At 3 weeks out you shouldn't be having anything off plan because of the healing your baby sleeve is doing, never mind that it is setting you up for failure.  This honeymoon period is the easiest it's going to get in terms of managing what you eat.  Future success depends upon establishing good habits now while it is easier.

Believe me, I know how difficult it is!  I also know how much sweeter life is without sugar :)

SME and Waisting like this