DeniseChristine

Hi everybody

4 posts in this topic

I had a gastric by pass 6 and a half years ago and lost in excess of 120 klos... i am now really 

struggling and have put back on about 20 kilos.... any suggestions, apart from doin the pouch reset....

Edited by DeniseChristine

I journal everyday without fail. I'm 2 yrs out 172 pounds down. I will never stop writing down everything I eat 

Welcome to Thinner Times DeniseChristine!

Can I ask why you're reluctant to try the 5 Day Pouch Test?   It's very successful in kick starting your weight loss and getting you back on track.

My suggestion is to go back to the basic post operation diet and really stick with that diet until you reach your goal weight. Get the unhealthy food out of your house (even if you have to throw it away), drink lots of liquids, avoid carbonation and alcohol, take your vitamins, avoid drinking liquids before during or right after a meal, and lead an active lifestyle. Your gastric bypass is still inside you ready to help you get back to your goal weight. You can do it!

You may only want to weigh yourself only once a week, so that you can see real weekly weight loss and not get caught up with all the stress of daily weight variations  

in case you do not remember the post operation diet, you will find information on it here in a guide from an excellent hospital gastric bypass program:

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

Remember, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. :)

bellamoma likes this