ThinCVT

Just returned from a fabulous vacation!

8 posts in this topic

Just got back from a great mini vaca visiting my folks in Lake Havasu, AZ. 80+ degrees, sunny and no flight delays. Cold temps, rain and horrible travel logistics have plagued my vacation plans over the last 3 years!!!!  But this time I got to relax, swim in the pool, sit in the hot tub, take the boat out on the lake, and do a little mountain biking in the desert. The last being something I haven't done in almost 20 years. My new BF likes to ride so he rented bikes and dragged me out on the trail. So glad he did. We had so much fun I'm actually taking my bike into the shop next week to see if it's worth getting up to riding condition (gears won't even shift at this point cause it's been collecting dust for so long). Looks like I'll have to figure out how to squeeze bike rides in between horseback rides and kayaking this summer.

The first pic is looking out across where we rode the bikes, the second is the sunset from my parent's deck and the third is me sportin my biking duds :P

PS. The first meeting of the new BF and parents went well.  I'm 48 and he's 58, but Its still weird! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by ThinCVT
Cheesehead, LadyFl, KMFL28 and 9 others like this

This is what it's all about! Congrats on your great vacay and your new BF!!

ThinCVT likes this

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all!  You look great!  Age is only a number!!

cinwa and ThinCVT like this

Fantastic! You and those views are beautiful.

ThinCVT likes this

A little update.... We managed to get out of winter again. Took a 6 hour drive to Vernal Utah for a 3 day weekend where it is sunny and 70's. Currently camped out in the desert 1 1/2 miles from the nearest road (took a 3/4 ton 4WD to get out here). Went for a 9 mile mountain bike ride yesterday through some gorgeous canyons and high sage/juniper landscape. I'm borrowing a friend's mountain bike that I may (probably will) buy. Never been on a full suspension bike and it's awesome!!! My butt doesn't hurt at all this morning and ready to hit the trail again after coffee, eggs and bacon. (And whenever the BF decides to get out of bed) The best part is this is BLM land so dogs are welcome to run around to their heart's content. It's my dog's first camping trip and second bike ride.....boy did he sleep well last night.

Ok, I'm rambling, but just wanted to share how much fun I'm having. 2 more days and it's back to rain and snow. tongue.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Trish1967, LeeC, Raeme and 2 others like this

Wow, sounds like you're having a blast. Love the pics. 

ThinCVT likes this

You look so happy and peaceful! 

ThinCVT likes this

3 hours ago, lightenupwoman said:

You look so happy and peaceful! 

Thx.....hanging out in the desert makes me happy.  I always get comments from my clients about how relaxed I look ^_^  whenever I first get back from a vaca (even if it is just getting out of town for 3 days).  Unfortunately my body language and face end up back in the tense, stressed, pissed off mode :angry: within a week.  Lol.